never looked at your names till now

by Found Sheep 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

The down side of having a name like Raveen is that names don't mean anything to me. All people become nothing... any odd name people undesrsand? I was called she... you... not my name for most of my life... that made me not care what your name was.... so i don't know people I want to know!!!!

• mummatron
    mummatron

I have spent my entire life having to spell my name out to everyone because there are so many alternate spellings. Plus my surname is uncommon so that has to be spelled out too...

I think your name is beautiful.

• hubert
    hubert

This could turn out ot be a funny topic, Raveen.

When I was in the military, many years ago, we had guys that had some really wierd names.

One day, I was in the base theater, watching a movie with three or four hundred other servicemen, and if you were "on call", and you were in the theater, you had to give your name at the front desk in case you got a call to go to work. Well, all of a sudden, the movie attendant called out...."Phone call for George washington". The whole place roared with laughter. We all looked around to see who was going to get up from his seat. Hee, hee.

Hubert

• mummatron
    mummatron

I once taught a kid called Jorrie-Blue. He had a sister named Heaven.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've got a name which is more rare than unusual. Though thanks to an actress with the same first name and a movie using my name, it's become more known.

But it meant as a child I couldn't find t-shirts or mugs or door hangers with my name on it. I used to feel very left out

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I think your name is beautiful. Mine is pretty plain -Angela- though my friends call me -Angie- or -GiGi-

I named my children traditional names that could be shortened -Nicholas- and -Nathan- because that is what my husband wanted.

I like unique names as long as they aren't words that mean something else that's unattractive like -Pilot Inspektor- or -Halo Reach- (a teen mom I met recently thought this was brilliant).

Yours, however, is a great name. Why didn't people use your name?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I hardly ever meet anyone with my name - not Hortensia by the way -- it's an unusual name but not too awful. My sister got the awful name.

• talesin
    talesin

I have to spell out both my names, especially the first one --- then, as they are writing it down wrong,,, I have to interrupt and say "Excuse me, there's no 'A' there,,, that's right" then re-spell it v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. Never bothered me till recently, but nowadays people just don't 'hear', and it's annoying to be slowly spelling it out while the person is quickly writing it down incorrectly. hehehe,,, can you say ... PET PEEVE?

Speaking of different names, I knew a JW family whose last name is Duck ---- any of yas reading? That would be AWESOME!!! Hey, especially you ,,, BLOCK!! :D Remember the time you lit the Coleman stove and singed off all your facial hair because you thought you had to let it run for a minute before you lit the match? lol Or the time you taught me how to kiss because D had hurt my feelings calling me naive, so I asked you for kissing lessons? ahahahahaha,,, I miss you guys, even after all these years!

I also knew (not JW) a Jack Frost,,, and my old boss was Daly Snow (yes, pronounced "daily"),,, worked with a guy named Perry Mason (I know, his parents were too cruel!~! ... and also worked with a guy who named his kids "Heathen" and "Justinian" ... poor little Heathen, he had a hard time in school... and I have a couple of friends who named their little one "Seven", and NO, not after the celebrities,,,it was back in 96.

tal

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

nowadays people just don't 'hear', and it's annoying to be slowly spelling it out while the person is quickly writing it down incorrectly. hehehe,,, can you say... PET PEEVE?

I have that problem - "umm, there's an 'S' there, no, there, that's right...."

And in high school, we had a maths teacher called Mr Duck. He was one of those born agains back when it was fashionable to be one in the 80s.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I kind of wish I had an unusual name. My name is quite common,especially for my age group. There were four,five of us in the same class through school.

And at one time,there were four of us with the same name at the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit