JWs always deny the information control

by AuntBee 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

An active Witness on FB just told me that they are taught to "always question what we are taught" and use not only the WT publications, but any research materials, and come to a conclusion about what they find!

This is not what i've heard from you guys! Does she go to some unusual-type Kingdom Hall, or is she mesing with my mind?

Cheers,

auntbee

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Give her these reading suggestions and see if she's as good as her word:

• The Gentile Times Reconsidered.
    • Crisis of Conscience.
    • In Search of Christian Freedom.
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Respond with the question: "What non-Watchtower research materials have you used to prove your beliefs lately?"

She's in denial. The Borg pays lip service to "make sure of all things" and "examining the scriptures daily as to whether these things were so" while at the same time warning the flock about Satanic falsehoods contained in "worldly" libraries and the dreaded Internet. In other words, "Make sure of all things but anything you find that disagrees with us is a lie from Satan."

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Ask her why a JW reading "Crisis of Conscience" while living in a JW home would have to hide it and sneak time to read it. Or why do JW's dismiss and label any other literature as apostate without so much as a glance inside or consideration of the credentials of the writer?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I do not quote WT-articles, but I am sure someone could find quotes that say how questioning the Watchtower is not supposed to be done in a way as to deny or doubt anything until it is proven, but rather to accept everything they say and examine other WT literature in order to "verify" it. And we all know they insist on avoiding writings or other media by former JW's and discourage research in outside sources.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

They sometimes do. They also condemn all worldly literature as coming from Satan. And when you do find out that something's not right, you are to shut up or get disfellowshipped. Most witnesses don't have the time or energy to do research outside of the WTS treadmill.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

That's what they sometimes say but the world is from Satan so would you really trust their material when FDS provides you with banquete of spiritual food. Really, any old wts material is hard to find, not mentioned, so how would a sincere JW know what's in the old wts publications if they never visited xJW sites or talked to xJWs? A sincere JW doesn't know what to look for and where to look so in their mind they don't even think the information is controlled to them.

They also sometimes say that the world will be judged by Jesus or Jehovah but they ignore all the wts publication that point out that only Noah and his family survived and all other illustrations pointing to the fact that only God's chosen ones survived calamities and we all know KHs are the ark..... So to the outsiders they say one thing while it's obvious when they talk amongst each other a different message appears.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    An active Witness on FB just told me that they are taught to "always question what we are taught" and use not only the WT publications, but any research materials, and come to a conclusion about what they find!

It's not against the rules to research it's against the rules to bring your research to the congregation (if it contradicts WT doctrine/policy in any way). That's why they discourage outside research rather than outright forbidding it. Their religious system does not allow for individuals to submit research/findings. One reason is there has never had a way to collect all the data so they "train" people to eventually hold the role as "Official Watchtower Researcher".

Technology today could easily transform Watchtower.org into a social network capable of taking in Sheep Research, but you will never see that happen.

The Watchtower's leaders would rather let time and culture disintegrate their Organization rather than let anyone else have a say in things.

-Sab

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

"False religious propaganda from any source should be avoided like poison! Really, since our Lord has used "the faithful and discreet slave" to convey to us "sayings of everlasting life," why should we ever want to look anywhere else?" Watchtower 1987 November 1 p.20

Of course they immediately poison the well so to speak by calling it "false religious propaganda"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I do not quote WT-articles

An odd abstinence.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit