My Wedding Photos are. . .

by leavingwt 40 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Our Wedding was at the KH.

Emblazoned over our heads in what would have otherwise been a nice photo taken during the cerimony, is the year text Isaiah 6:8 "Here I am send me send me, send me".

Not very attractive but come to think of it, I guess we could have them photoshopped out.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I always wondered why anyone would get married at those windowless disco-carpeted, cheap-seated holes. I was successful in getting about four couples to marry outside the KH in really nice places - and it had nothing to do with being bad. ;)

God, if there is one thing I can never understand is why they are built so lousy and with a lack of windows.

• shamus100
    shamus100

P.S.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

our wedding photo's are mixed, there is a whole back story about the elders trying to force us to have the wedding in the kingdom hall, and if we didnt i would be deleted as an ms. so i stepped down and told them to gft. anyway, our wedding photo's have 2 people who no longer contact us, and there are the best man, and maid of honor. the way i view it, is those people, especially the best man who was a very close friend, no longer exist as i knew them. so the people in those photo's as far as im concerned dont exist or are dead. i liked the person they were when those pics were taken, and that person is no longer.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Happy Anniversary!!!

10th Anniversary Traditional Gift: Tin or aluminum. The pliability of tin and aluminum is a symbol of how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable and how it can be bent without being broken.

10th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift: Diamond jewelry. A marriage that lasts ten years is as durable and beautiful as a diamond.

10th Anniversary Gemstone: Diamond jewelry or blue sapphire.

10th Anniversary Color: Silver or blue.

10th Anniversary Flower: Daffodil. Trumpet-shaped daffodils represent joy, cheerfulness, and happiness.

• partydelights
    partydelights

Hey, tomorrow's your 10th Anniversary? Congratulations!

... and don't touch your PC tomorrow... there's more hokey pokey things to do live than virtual.....

• Nice_Dream
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thanks, ALL, for the kind words, gift ideas an unique perspectives.

Ten years ago, today, would have been the day of the rehearsal. My (former) best friend from Bethel and his future bride both flew into the New Orleans airport and drove up. An ex-Bethelite in California flew out. My former roommate (j_homebrew) flew in from Michigan. My extended non-JW family on my Dad's side of the family had a strong presence at the wedding. My wife's non-JW extended family was also well represented.

We did get married at the Kingdom Hall. Neither of us wanted it there, but the reception hall we had booked went out of business at the last moment. The Kingdom Hall was the preferred choice for some family members, however. The elder who recruited my family into the organization gave the wedding talk. As I had requested, the talk was less than fifteen minutes.

As my avatar would indicate, my taste in music precedes by teen years and even my birth. My bride and I danced to Al Green, as our dance. "Let's Stay Together".

Our wedding was in southeast Louisiana. My wife's non-JW aunt cooked a massive quantity of delicious jambalaya as one of the dishes for the reception. My daughter is named after this aunt.

My mother lost two daughters-in-law when both of my brother left the cult. (They chose Jehovah over my brothers, which is the norm, it would seem.) My mother told me last night that she wants my wife, her only remaining daughter-in-law to stick around. I assured her that I felt the same way. :-)

My in-laws are wonderful people. They remain loyal JWs, but they have treated us with kindness and I remain hopeful that they will one day engage us on the topic of why we have chosen a different path for our family. Until them, love and patience are what we offer.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!!! It sounds like you had a beautiful wedding.

My wedding pictures make me a little sad too. Being so young, I didn't have much say about my special day. The only thing I really got to decide on was marrying my husband, which is the best decision I've ever made! He exited the religion with me after a year of intense marital turbulence.

For most of our married life I tried to be a good JW wife, but it made me depressed. I felt like I couldn't be myself with my husband or live up to who I thought he wanted me to be. Now that I can finally be myself, we have such a wonderful relationship, I just wish it could have been this great from the beginning.

Next year is our 10th anniversary, and I want to renew our vows on a beach with only ourselves and our children there.

• undercover
    undercover

Darn it! replies aren't showing up. Can't let this thread die. Adding a post to help push it over to the next page...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit