My encounter today.....

by Free!! 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Free!!
    Free!!

Let me start with: I havent been to a meeting in almost 2 years, i am "inactive" and the only contact i have w the JW is the an open minded JW friend who i talk to....Since i left, i have done what i want, travel, get my nose pierced again (had it pierced before i baptized but they gave me HELL for it, even thought the bible doesnt say anything bad about nose piercings) and hang out w "wordly" friends who smoke, drink and swear.... I don't smoke but lately i have been giving this friend a ride and he is a-pack a day type of guy... he left his pack in my car yesterday....

So, I am working evenings this week on a special project, and this morning i decided to run some errands. I was hungry so i stopped at MacDonalds to grab some coffee... i placed my order thru the drive thru and pull over to the pay window, as i look for the money the drive-thru attendant says "wow, hello Free!", i look up and OMFG one of the brothers from my congo... i acted like normal (sorry but i dont get nervous of agitated when i see a JW, i just dont give a dang) and smiled and made short conversation, while he is tellng me how much he misses seeing me at the hall, i see his eyes going between my piercing, my jet black goth hair and the pack of cigarettes on my passenger seat.... the expresion in his eyes was to die for is like he had seen Satan in the flesh!!!! lol...

I looked at him and said have a good day..... and started the count down for the Elders to call me, i gave them 48 hours.... guess how long it took them to text me???

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

guess how long it took them to text me???

TELL ME TELL ME!!! LOL I can't stand the anticipation!

• talesin
    talesin

Yes,,, enquiring minds want to know!

t

• Free!!
    Free!!

hehehhee... well the first attempt was about 2 hours after my sighting... hehe... second around 2.5 hours later.... obviously the texts were something to the effect of.... "how are u sister, we have been thinking about u".... any recommendations?? what should i do??? l want to ignore them and tell them to kiss my @$$.... but the in me feels like toying around w them for a little bit...

What do u think???

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL. Wow this story is a classic. You pull up looking like a bride of Satan (tee hee) with, *GASP* CIGARETTES! Well you can certainly toy with them. No one saw you smoking, and even if they did, there was only one witness. Very Fun.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I say call them up, and while talking to them puff on an unlit cigarette for sound effects. LOL

• talesin
    talesin

"how lovely you were thinking of me ,,, I am doing fine, life is grand, not much new. take care now"

t

• nugget
    nugget

so they think about you when someone may have suggested there was a problem. Funny that, elders don't think about people they think about rules and whethere you are conforming if they thought about people no one would be able to fade.

• bafh
    bafh

wait a day or two and text them back. Be short and sweet. "Sorry it took so long to reply. things are great. Been super busy. Thanks for thinking of me!"

Nothing for them to glob on to there. You were upbeat, nice, pleasant and not avoiding them. If asked at some point, just say those cigs weren't mine. End of story. The more you play games with them, I think the more you are on the radar which in my opinion is the worst place to be.

Keep us posted.

Bafh

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you get a dialogue started, you must be careful to not say anything along the lines that you no longer consider yourself one of JWs or that you do not want to be a JW, or they will consider that as you disassociating yourself (that is IF you want to remain in a fade for the sake of family & friends).

I do think you could reply with "Hi everything is fine/great/OK." They will surely come back with wanting to meet with you (at least 2 of them). If they call, you can be sure that 2 of them will be on the phone. So in either case be careful as to what you say. At some point THEY will bring up the cigarettes. I would mention that you noticed that you are aware Bro So-and-so saw them in your car and it was evident in his expression. HOWEVER, THEY ARE NOT YOURS! Rather, someone who got a lift from you and left the pack in your car accidentally. "Really!!!! You know I would NEVER take up such a disgusting habit! I don't even let anyone smoke in MY car!" "But I am kinda shocked that for the 2 years that I have been discouraged, NO ONE has called/texted me, but with in 2 hours that someone reports seeing the pack of cigs, you contact me!" "That's the kind of thing that has me discouraged about OUR CONG (NOT the Org.)." "Maybe I just need to change congs to find the encouragement I need?" "I'm really trying to work thru it all, I just need some time......AND, I've been so busy. THANK YOU for your concern, I just don't think it should have taken you TWO YEARS. DO YOU? Are all of you elders two years behind on your shepherding calls? I would think that would be a priority with the stress everyone is having in this wicked system right now!" IF Brother So-and-so is a responsible brother in the cong, you could ask: "BTW -- shouldn't Brother So-and-so really have said something to me PERSONALLY (Matt 18:15) rather than running and tattling to the elders?" "That doesn't make him seem like such a SPIRITUAL person to me." "Is he really still a MS/elder/pioneer????? considering the fact he doesn't follow Bible principles on something like this?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit