Watchtower on women shopping for shoes

by Marvin Shilmer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower on women shopping for shoes

Most folks are unaware Watchtower has published an essay on women shopping for shoes. Today my blog exposes this wretched piece of publishing!

My article is titled Watchtower on women shopping for shoes and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/07/watchtower-on-women-shopping-for-shoes.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• rebel8
    rebel8

LOL, I guess they've felt the need to control everything.

Where are the other 990 words though?

• ziddina
    ziddina

"1,000 words on women shopping for shoes..."

As in - one picture is worth a thousand words...

I doubt that cartoon came from Watchtower publications, tho it is within the time-frame of the Gov.Bod's mentality - it obviously dates from the late '40's to early 1950's... Shameless sexism and then some....

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That does seem a tad bit bazarre, even for the WT.

• TD
    TD

I read through the article and it seems more than a tad bizarre.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Article? All I see is a picture...

V665V665

• ziddina
    ziddina

What Vampire said...^^^^

All I saw was a picture too...

• mummatron
    mummatron

Any member of the GB who thinks women are awkward about shoe shopping should be forced to go out in field circus in heels for over an hour and then see how they feel about it!

Lily Allen in trainers and dress

If I'd had the choice I would have turned up in trainers. Easier to run from angry householders and their big dogs, they wouldn't hear the click-clack of heels alerting them to a JW sister approaching their door. In fact, if the WTBT$ let the R&F dress more casually they'd probably reach more people - ha!

• TD
    TD
    Article? All I see is a picture...

Bound volume....

The article is a brief history of footwear. Women's (alleged) love for shoe shopping is pretty much just the introduction.

• Scully
    Scully

TD

Women's (alleged) love for shoe shopping

gotta love the stereotypes.... ranks right up there with "small brain size" and succumbing to the whims of her hormones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit