My association with this organisation is coming to its end!

by TimothyT 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hello everyone,

Im posting from my boyfriend's house! Im having a week here with him to get away from things and to enjoy myself. Recently I came out to my entire family that im gay. They all know! No more lies! No more hiding! My dad went to see an elder and the elder said he was very worried about me. My dad is very supportive of me being gay. He told me he cant condone it, but he will support me no matter what. He himself is a little disillusioned with the whole religion.

Anyway, the elder he spoke to is a reasonable brother. He has always been there for me and I do respect him. He text me and told me he was thinking about me and hoped I am ok. He also called me a little later, so I decided I would answer. We spoke for 20 mins and I told him how I feel and how I have been coping with the difficult situation that I have been in. He told me that he doesn't understand but he respects me for making my own decision, which surprised me. He told me that he doesnt want to hold any sort of commitee with me and he only wants me to feel that if i ever want to return it will be possible. It appears he is aware then that I have made my choice.

I asked him where this left me with the organisation. He said it cant lead to anything else but being disfellowshipped. Despite the fact that I may not have broken any JW laws (yet), I can still be thrown out. Fair enough. I am not going to argue with that, and im not going to appeal. Im also not going to speak with any of the elders about the situation. Whatever they choose to do, I will live with.

Despite the fact that i tell myself that I dont realy care what happens, I cant help but think how this will affect all those who I have knwon for the past 20 years or so. I have made lots of new friends and I have a WONDERFUL boyfriend who is sitting next to me right now and smiling as he reads this. They have been, and are still being, a big support to me.

Whatever happens, Im going to keep my chin up and remain as spiritual as possible.

Just wanted to keep you all updated... it seems my association with this organisation is coming to its end!

Timmy xxx

• sabastious
    sabastious
    My dad is very supportive of me being gay. He told me he cant condone it, but he will support me no matter what.

What a dad. You are very lucky. Glad to know you are happy with the decisions you have made about this communication with your family.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods

If I were you, and if you want to truly be free from the JWs, I think I would research the many valid reasons to give up on this religion - outside of just the gay issue.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Timothy - I am so pleased you have found the right path for you. I wish you every happiness. I also hope your father continues to wake up and joins you in kicking the cult.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would bid good riddance to the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery. They treat homosexuality itself as a "disease", and a spiritual one at that. Which it is not--and should not be "cured" as if a disease. At best it is like taking drugs to bring down high blood pressure or high cholesterol (which are merely symptoms, or sometimes fictitious "diseases" invented to pad drug company profits).

As I see it, it is a personal decision. While I don't think it should be taught in schools (because it wastes time that should be used for basic education and because a pro-gay bias is as bad against straight people as a pro-straight one is against gays), it should be accepted as a condition that some people have. People that choose to be gay or bisexual are making a decision that is between them and their partner, not anyone else. And bear in mind that some gay or bisexual people do become straight on their own at a later period of their lives, and this shouldn't be stopped either.

But, to bust up a family just because someone happens to be attracted to someone of the same sex is not right. This is more common among people age 10-14, but even if it persists, it should be viewed as a personal matter only. (Bear in mind that the Washtowel encourages people to be baptized at ages 6-10, before they even know if they are gay or bisexual). Also bear in mind that too many of their arrangements involve lasting relationships with same-sex people (the study arrangement, the Pio-Sneer Assist program that went defunct, the Beth Hell roommate arrangement, and wherever people are assigned to help others for a protracted period). This has the potential to activate latent homosexuality in susceptible individuals. And then they go ahead and bash people for homosexuality, as if it was a moral disease. Which is one more reason why they should be ashamed of themselves.

Additionally, they are forcing you to live a lie. They put a guilt trip before you, force you to hide what you currently want, and drag you into a life that is full of stagnation. Not only do they want to force you into their sexual orientation (and probably then never give you the chance to fulfill it), but they want to take away your chance to make a decent income, invest it wisely, or retire reasonably well off. Pio-sneering is what they want out of everyone, even those who suck at going door to door. If you don't like it, tough--you have another lie to live. Notably, this they require out of everyone, gay or not.

• pedal power
    pedal power

Hi Tim, I am not gay, Im usually disparaging to gays but gay or not, you have remarkable self control, I was living with a girl, we were both studying, we had the idea that if we both kept one foot on the ground, we would be ok, Wrong, I still ended up shagging her, what is your seceret for self control ? IMO one foot on the ground isnt enough !!!

• Velour
    Velour

Congratulations Tim!

I'm glad that you've opened yourself to experience love without restrictions. It's very impressive that your father understands what unconditional love is, a natural love between a parent and a child, and he won't repress that. What a life! ^_^

I certainly agree that you should do more research about the lies and scandals this organization is a part of. When you fully shed the idea that this organization is "truth" then you can fully shed the prejudices they've indoctrinated you with. Nothing gets under my skin or the skin of people you'll date more than spouting out a line like, "I know I'm a sinner and I'm ok with that." (I just recenly had a conversation about the way religion reaches it tentacles into relationships) You're not sinning, that's a lie they use to control you even outside of their organization hoping you'll crawl back after years of trying to shove it to the corners of your mind. Be free.

Have peace, my friend, and enjoy the freedom of experiencing love without restriction.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

what james_woods said.

good that you made your stand. and you should be thankful to have a father like that.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

You say in this post that your dad "is a little disillusioned with the whole religion" but is talking to an elder about things.

But in an earlier post http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/213185/1/Things-are-heating-up-again you said your dad had made the decision to disassociate himself. You said he was done with meetings and field service and had "lost it!"

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly but I feel like there is a big difference between being a little but disillusioned and reaching the point of disassociation. Did he change his mind or something?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Good for you!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit