My 1st post -- after being out for 10 years...

by gonzo2k 26 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Gonzo2K

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome to the forum Gonzo2K. Many of us had JW abusive parents. Somehow this cult instills in parents to become even more abusive to their own children. They think the children have to be perfect and do adult things and have adult thinking skills when they should really be just kids. The cult alllows this to happen for the innocennt children it has under its power. That is why ten of thousands of born-ins and almost born-ins have many emotional problems. They were not allowed to be children. I have found even at 57 I will sometimes do kids things at home. This helps me to heal. Again welcome. I will look forward to furture post from you. Take care. Totally ADD

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Welcome to the forum Gonzo2K. While I was not raised by JW parents, TotallyADD and I raised our 2 boys in the cult. There is no way around it, following WT directives, raising children in the cult is abusive. By putting children in the forefront of the preaching work, by taking them door to door to talk to strangers about religion and requiring them to talk to strangers with little to no comprehension of what they are saying, that is abusive. That is spiritual abuse. I pioneered for 4 years when my youngest was between the ages of 1 and 5. Nevermind the potential for physical, verbal, and sexual abuse, all tolerated if not outright encouraged by the Society. Then there is the persecution they are forced to endure in school when they refuse to salute the flag and are not allowed to participate in the holiday parties or sports. I can see where my husband and children have missed out on valuable lessons by their exclusion of such activities.

At any rate, please vent. I will be looking forward to reading more of your story when you are ready. Many here can relate to your situation. And for the rest of us the stories you and others post give us more understanding and empathy.

Reopened Mind

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Welcome, looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It is a long process, but the brain and emotions heal slowly. If you can maintain some ties to family that is helpful, just remember that they probably will not want to hear anything negative about the WT; it freaks them out.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

WELCOME TO THE HEALING!!!

I know what you mean by abusive parents. I saw myself becoming one the pressure put one in the borg is at times taken out on the young.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit