Question about JC's

by sabastious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Good idea to get written proof, Sabastious.

I may have not followed the rules, since I was a rogue Elder, and a Rebel.

Good luck to you, and hope it works out

• fokyc
    fokyc

Sabastious; You have a PM with the answer to ALL your questions re JW's!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Contact Flipper. He used his son as a witness in his JC appeal. But a guest? I think not.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

From the Flock Book, on page 105, regarding appeals.

7. Conduct the hearing in a manner similar to the first judicial committe hearing. It may be necessary to rehear all the evidence relevant to the case, including that which was presented originally and any new evidence now available. For instance, if the accused continues to contend that he is innocent, the witnesses should again give their testimony in his presence, he should be given oppurtunity to respond, and the appeal committe should hear any additional witnesses he wishes to present to prove his innocence.

From the Flock Book, pages 89-90, regarding witnesses testifying during the JC.

2. The chairman should invite the accused to make a personal statement. If the accused contends that he is innocent, the witnesses to the wrongdoing should be presented and their testimony should be given in the presence of the accused. It is best that the witnesses give their testimony in person. However, it may be that the witnesses live a great distance away or for some reason are not able to be physically present. If so, their testimony may be presented in the hearing of the accused by a secure phone call or perhaps submitted in writing and read to the accused. The accused should be given oppurtunity to respond to the testimony. If he wishes to present witnesses to establish his innocence, the judicial committee should allow them to give their testimony.

3. Hear only those witnesses who have relevant testimony regarding the alleged wrongdoing. Those who intend to testify only about the character of the accused should not be allowed to do so. The witnesses should not hear details and testimony of other witnesses. Observers should not be present for moral support. Recording devices should not be allowed.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    3. Hear only those witnesses who have relevant testimony regarding the alleged wrongdoing. Those who intend to testify only about the character of the accused should not be allowed to do so. The witnesses should not hear details and testimony of other witnesses. Observers should not be present for moral support. Recording devices should not be allowed.

The only way to prove this, as in a court of law, is to cross reference with a verified hard copy, correct?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Btw aren't these statements contradictory?

If the accused contends that he is innocent, the witnesses to the wrongdoing should be presented and their testimony should be given in the presence of the accused.

vs

The witnesses should not hear details and testimony of other witnesses.

edit: nm I see the difference.

-Sab

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Good information...no one present for moral support. I guess I was wrong, sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit