Question about JC's

by sabastious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

How would one prove that, in a judicial committee, the wrongdoer is not allowed to have guests in the room (witnesses)?

-Sab

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

The only way I can think of is a copy of that section of the elder's manual...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Prove? Not sure. Ask around. Has ANYBODY been allowed to have a witness with them? I think they allow it for portions that may pit one witness against another, but not for the judicial process. The elders' manual may have a section on it.

NC

• sabastious
    sabastious

No proof yet besides a secret manual I can't get a hard copy of.

-Alex

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

If the involved person is under age, the parent(s) may attend the hearing.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I was the subject of a potential JC, and I had "witnesses" to testify on my behalf.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, a Witness can be present...there is something I remember in the previous Elder's Manual that states that you should be aware of your accuser.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

In cases where you are being accused, then yes they use witnesses. But I actually asked if I could have someone with me for my JC. I wasn't being accused, I was confessing. They said no.

NC

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Sorry about that, NC.

When I was in a JC I did allow, or suggest that if the member felt confortable with the support of a friend they could always have them present if they wished. Most didn't want that. I guess they felt comfortable with meeting with us by themselves. You shouldn't feel intimidated, although some feel this way. It's a very hard meeting to attend, not knowing your fate. You really should go in there feeling that love, and understanding as well as good advice based on God's word would be applied. But, I'm not sure of other congregations, or other places. I really can't speak for them

• sabastious
    sabastious
    In cases where you are being accused, then yes they use witnesses. But I actually asked if I could have someone with me for my JC. I wasn't being accused, I was confessing. They said no.

This is my understanding. There is a difference between the "trial" and the "confession" and "sentence." I'm almost positive that during at least one point in the JC process you are required to stand before the elders alone. I'll keep on the lookout for some written proof. Testimony isn't enough for cult members, they just say they are lying.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit