Thanks for your support JWN!!! Dad dies monday, JW family goes to convention on thursday

by Coffee House Girl 41 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'm sorry for your loss Coffee House Girl.

My Mom was so right about the witnesses, why didn't I listen?

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((CHG & CSG)))))))

Syl

• oppostate
    oppostate

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss CHR, and I agree you and your brother showed a lot of affection and respect in a rememberance of your Dad that meant a lot to you both, as you say, and that's what he'd want, probably, to be next to you both and share a Stroh's and a hotdog and talk of happy memories.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sadly, I can relate.

My mother died on the Saturday, the next day we were at the Sunday meeting. Sitting there like stunned mullets. Unbelievable.

(((((CHG)))))

• sizemik
    sizemik

Nice to hear you could have that sharing with your brother CHG.

The religion and it's pervading effect simply has to dominate EVERYTHING!

You will always feel good about yourself and how you personally dealt with your Dads passing . . . other family members? . . . maybe not one day.

Your in a better place to grieve normally.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I'm sorry about the loss of your father.

JDW

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a father having lost mine at a young age.

That being said, you, of all people, should know that the religion comes before family.

• mamamo
    mamamo

I,m so sorry about your loss.

My father passed back in January and I did the memorial service, brought a couple close friends and my son. Your father sounds quite different form mine. It was all I could do not to stand up and tell the elder who the F did he think he was talking about? My father, a loving parent and husband? Too many times I had bruises, my mother had bruises, my sister's glasses were broken, I could go on, but we have all heard it before. Yes, it was a dog and pony show. But I went, did my duty and have a clear conscience.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Sad events, CHG. I'm sorry.

One of the last JW gatherings my wife and I attended was a funeral for an elderly sister my kids called their nanna (their real grandmothers live a long way and see them only rarely).

This old lady underwent surgery several times for major problems, but doctors eventually decided she should just move into a hospice to live her final months, or weeks, in comfort. She had a big family and almost all were braindead Dubs; she, on the other hand, was often candid about the lazy pioneers who took up fulltime witnessing just to dodge the reality of hard work.

It was obvious the old lady was dying, and a couple of times during the week the family got the call that she was about to pass away .... but she hung on. On Friday night, she finally succumbed. Weirdly, none of the family were there. Did I say it was a big family? None were there on a Friday night to hold her hand, so she died alone.

It was the end of the month, so on Saturday morning her daughter, her husband and their adult kids and family went out witnessing to get their paltry hours in for the month. They worked until lunchtime, then drove to the hospice, where they discovered the old lady's room was vacant. When they asked at reception where she was, they were informed she'd died the night before.

The hospital had made a mistake in failing to contact them on the Friday night, and the family was very, very angry about that. Could their anger have been, in part, because of the guilt they felt that out of a big extended family none had been with her on Friday night, and had put regimented "field service" ahead of genuine human concern on Saturday morning?

We went to her funeral and were saddened to hear the usual recruitment speech, including the blatant lie that the old lady had "loved the pioneers" and admired them for their sacrifice. Absolute bullshit. We went to one more Sunday meeting and never went back. It's just so sad that normal human emotions have to be put aside in order that Witnesses are seen to be doing the right thing -- witnessing and attending conventions -- in order that they escape gossip.

• barefootmarley
    barefootmarley

no room for george

i have felt the manufactured love. experienced it. seen it. you can truly feel its plastic coating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit