Oct 15, 2011 WT on jw.org now

by Gayle 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• baltar447
    baltar447

That should wake people up that they are guessing and they DON'T KNOW SHIT! It's a cult and a crappy one at that.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

From the last paragraph on Page 7, exquisite irony

We have many reasons for rejoicing together!

Let us resist this world’s isolationist

spirit

"This world's" isolationist spirit?

• dozy
    dozy

The problem with the WTBTS is that they want it both ways. They want an entirely submissive & compliant following relying on them for direction at all times and telling them that they aren't allowed to do any research outwith their publications and that they can't trust their own conscience. On the other hand they hate getting numerous letters asking the societies view on different matters. (Franz details all of this in his books.)

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Baltar447 your comment LOL. You almost made me spit my coffee out when I read that. I will remember that saying for now on "It's a cult and a crappy on at that." The thing is when R&F writes a letter to the WT and if the letter looks like something the writing dept. see serious and can't handle they send that letter with their own letter back to the local congreation the R&F goes and the local elders look into it. My thinking is this is becoming more and more of a problem. Takes away from field service and to much time being wasted on helping the R&F. Totally ADD

• sir82
    sir82
    A single Christian desiring to get married may receive a proposal from someone of doubtful spirituality or even from an unbeliever.

I love how, in the bizarro world that the GB fantasizes exists outside of the ivory walls of Bethel, random worldly strangers walk up to spiritually virtuous Christian sisters and offer marriage proposals completely out of the blue, complete with 3-carat diamond ring.

• Lore
    Lore

What's with the GIGANTIC prechecked checkboxes in the first study article?

I hate to sound nitpicky but they seem a bit tacky. . . like the main points of the article aren't already blatantly obvious from the 2nd grade reading level and the pre-meeting-study, and the read-and-repeat Q&A style of the meeting.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Sir82, the number of JW's marrying out of their religion is obviously increasing. I don't blame them as what woman would want to marry a guy who has no intention of getting ahead in life and surrounding himself with the comforts of life. oh and Guess what? All the marraiges to so called wordly men are all still intact in my old KH. Can't say the same with the many JW marraiges

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Love the picture of Jesus and his Disciples enjoying themselves around the fire!!

• dozy
    dozy

sir82 wrote - " I love how, in the bizarro world that the GB fantasizes exists outside of the ivory walls of Bethel, random worldly strangers walk up to spiritually virtuous Christian sisters and offer marriage proposals completely out of the blue, complete with 3-carat diamond ring. "

Happens all the time in the wacko worldly world outside Bethel HQ. And to think I spent all that money on flowers & meals during my courtship - should have just gone for the ring on day one!

There was that laughable picture in a recent WT of a guy offering a ring & the sister putting up the hand saying "no"! Maybe she was holding out for a bigger diamond & 24 carat!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The thing is when R&F writes a letter to the WT and if the letter looks like something the writing dept. see serious and can't handle they send that letter with their own letter back to the local congreation the R&F goes and the local elders look into it.

I thought this was partly because they don't want the liability of giving an answer that could cause legal problems. Let the local elders shoulder the responsibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit