Oct 15, 2011 WT on jw.org now

by Gayle 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

I could only scan quickly,,but some could point out other things there:

(Quote) We can create opportunities

to rejoice with them by occasionally inviting

them to join us during our Family Worship

evening, (page 7) (Mine: Could this be some bit of retraction, as studying together has been discouraged for the rank and file?)

Question from the Reader

What if you have done all you can to search

out a matter that affects you personally but

still have not found the direction or solution

you need? (Mine: Of course, restated that "only" WTS publications are acceptable in any researching.)

Neither the branch office nor

world headquarters (Mine: nor the Governing Body) is in a position to analyze

and answer all such questions that have not

been considered in our literature. (Mine: As they don't have a clue).

And never forget to

pray to Jehovah specifically about your concerns

and ask him to guide your thinking by

means of his holy spirit, “for Jehovah himself

gives wisdom . . . and discernment.”

(Mine: Seems to encourage a little request for holy spirit to answer them, maybe a personal relationship thing between JW individual and Jehovah?. ??? Interesting, no expression to just wait on Jehovah exactly there.)

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just as a side point - does anybody know of any other magazine that is publishing an October 15th issue before July the 15th in the same year?

That seems awfully far ahead of time to me... what a completely worthless answer to publish in their official magazine - no clue is right.

Neither the branch office nor

world headquarters (Mine: nor the Governing Body) is in a position to analyze

and answer all such questions that have not

been considered in our literature. (Mine: As they don't have a clue).

What a completely worthless answer to publish in their official magazine - no clue is right.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    8 For instance, you may like sports, and
    that attraction is easily understood. Sports
    can be fun and exciting. What, though, if
    you are attracted to certain sports because of
    their aggressive competitiveness, excessive
    risk taking, high rates of injury, riotous
    celebrations, nationalistic fervor, or similar
    “ingredients”? After examining what is involved,
    youwould likely decide that itwould
    be hard to harmonize your thinking with Jehovah’s
    way of thinking and with the message
    of peace and love that we preach to others.
    (Isa. 61:1; Gal. 5:19-21) On the other
    hand, if a certain leisure activity is made up
    of “ingredients” that are wholesome in Jehovah’s
    eyes, then such recreationmay well
    be beneficial and refreshing to you.—Gal. 5:
    22, 23; read Philippians 4:8.

Page 9, paragraph 8. Gerrit Losch much?

• ambersun
    ambersun

On the other
    hand, if a certain leisure activity is made up
    of “ingredients” that are wholesome in Jehovah’s
    eyes, then such recreationmay well
    be beneficial and refreshing to you.—Gal. 5:

Like knitting!! It does not involve riotous celebrations or excessive risk taking, and ticks all the right JW boxes.

I spent many a looong winter evening at home knitting jumpers when my teenage peers were out enjoying themselves. Oh the memories

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Married Sister on Pg.16 is wearing PANTS!!!!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

At the door: Come to us! We have all the answers! Based on bible truth!

After you get baptized: Stop talking about your doubts. Keep them private. Have you been visiting apostate websites? Why do you spend so much time researching? Are you looking for a way out? Wait on Jehovah until you die or until the governing body cares to come up with another lame excuse. And when we do come up with a lame excuse you have to believe it and accept it even if you don't agree. Oh yeah, and don't talk to anybody ever about your real beliefs. Maybe once to an elder so he can tell you to shut up, forget about it and spend more time in field service.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Pg 15:

"12 A single Christian desiring to get married may receive a proposal from someone of doubtful spirituality or even from an unbeliever.

If that happens to you, remember that the heartache that results from making a bad choice in a marriage mate can cause greater pain by far than the longing that a person feels while single. And once married, for better or for worse, you are bound to your mate for life. (1 Cor. 7:27) Do not out of desperation make a decision to marry that you will later regret.—Read 1 Corinthians"

I am at a loss of words. No need to comment on the obvious......

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

And never forget to

pray to Jehovah specifically about your concerns

and ask him to guide your thinking by

means of his holy spirit, "for Jehovah himself

gives wisdom . . . and discernment."

I thought that Jesus was only a mediator to the annointed??? If that is the case then this statement is only directed to them and not the rank and file.

• baltar447
    baltar447

SO...

Are they sending a clear message that they aren't capable or interested in answering written questions? The tone I got from this is DON'T WRITE US ANYMORE, WE WON'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They must be getting a lot of letters with questions, and then Headquarters/service dept send a letter back to them that doesn't answer the question at all (I've seen their empty response letters) and the many rank and file are responding back that their answers are not satisfying them nor truly helping them. Probably many, many rank and file pushing for answers and it is frustrating the service dept and GB, hopefully. Are they admitting their incapability some here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit