I wish JW's would stay home when they are sick!

by life is to short 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• nugget
    nugget

It is true that you can get sick at any place where there are many people, supermarkets, schools and workplaces are all full of people sniffing and coughing. The difference is that noone feels obligated to go when they are unwell and these places also have strict policies about whether sick children can attend. I never felt guilty about not going to Walmart if I was sick.

This is actually a serious issue since elderly people exposed to viruses can become extremely ill. For years it was seen as essential to attend meetings and only stay home if you were bedridden or severely incapacitated. This meant that people brought themselves and their children to the hall when they would be better off at home. Not just better for them but better for everyone else as well. Since many halls have no windows, sitting for two hours in an enclosed space with the air recirculating means that there is a strong likelihood of infection spreading.

When swineflu became an issue people were told to think of the elderly and stay home if ill. I sincerely hope that people show common sense.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Fairplay... Sounds like YOU also found a little thing to pick by posting your 1st comment on this thread... But why don't you read some of the others posts on this site that thoroughly expose the lies, flip-flops and false predictions of the Watchtower backed with actual undeniable evidence? Instead you choose to single this one out.. Why?

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

It drove me crazy that my husband and I were always so careful not to spread anything but others wouldn't show the same courtesy.

Worse was how I allowed others to make me feel bad for staying home.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do agree that you can get sick anywhere. And that you are going to be just as sick at home as at the Kingdumb Hell.

However, if you go to a boasting session while sick, you run the risk of spreading whatever you have. Not to mention, if you go out in field circus with a cold or flu (or tuberculosis), you run the risk of spreading your disease to others in the car and to householders. Plus, you are going to disrupt the boasting session by continually coughing, sneezing, or in some cases puking. You also cannot be effective in field circus if you are coughing or obviously congested during your presentation.

And at home, you are able to actually sleep. If you are sick at home, you are going to be just as sick but it will likely be a day less than it would have been if you drag yourself to the Kingdumb Hell for a boasting session. And it is more miserable working out in field circus while sick with a cold. You are better off staying home--and, for sure they shouldn't have policies that you are expected to be at the Kingdumb Hell while sick. They should also have a category of "Irregular--Was Sick most of the month and couldn't go out in service", where the person will not be hounded or guilted for the next 6 months. When it is not reasonable and prudent to go out in field circus, you should be "better off" by not going out anyways.

Unless, that is, they are afraid that people will get a little tiny cold, stay home, and realize what a waste field circus really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit