I wish JW's would stay home when they are sick!

by life is to short 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• snakeface
    snakeface

Many just do not want to miss meetings no matter what. I've known of some who have been at the hall with strep throat - and they use the microphones to make comments, coughing into the mikes! The eldrs have even given "special needs" talks telling them to stay home when they're sick so they don't spread germs, but their reasoning is "Well you're gonna catch germs no matter where you go...work, the grocery store...". It's actually an ego thing; they think their comments are so profound that the organization cannot go on without them.

• flipper
    flipper

LITS- I noticed that as well 8 years ago when I stopped attending meetings - I hardly EVER got colds or sick with the flu. Those old " community " illnesses they call them. Now my wife and I stay relatively healthy living out in the mountains 8 miles east of the small town we are near. It is too bad we have to nearly isolate ourselves from the population somewhat - but I find it preferable to getting sick ! Hope you and hubby are doing better. Take care

• fairplay105
    fairplay105

are you all kidding with this garbage. you can get sick going to walmart.....just wash your hands and quit finding tiny little things to pick on. if you don't want the truth, please don't use this rediculous argument as your out!!

• undercover
    undercover
    are you all kidding with this garbage. you can get sick going to walmart.....just wash your hands and quit finding tiny little things to pick on. if you don't want the truth, please don't use this rediculous argument as your out!!

You can sick on an airplane, but do you notice how everyone hates it when an obviously sick person boards the plane? Everyone else knows that those germs are going to be recycled through the plane during the duration of the flight. Why didn't that person stay home is what everyone wonders.

Same at the KH. The observation, made many times over, is that JWs will go to the hall even when they should be home in bed because they're conditioned to 'never' miss meetings. And that mentality causes people to do not so smart things, like bring their sniffling, sneezing kids to meetings, infecting all the other kids that come in contact with them. All in the name of serving an ancient Hebrew god.

And no one is using this as an "out". We're already out...based on facts and real truth. This was just a venting of another one of those non-sensical things that we didn't realize at the time, but are fully aware of now.

Oh, welcome to the board, BTW

• flipper
    flipper

FAIRPLAY 105- Welcome to the board ! You stated, " quit finding tiny little things to pick on . "

You're right. Why pick on such tiny things as " getting sick " when there are SO MANY BIGGER things we can find unethical and immoral about the WT society ! Very good point. Allow me - at your service !

1. Unethical and immoral child abuse policies which require elders to report first and foremost to Bethel legal - instead of reporting JW child abusers to police authorities first if at all.

2. Preventing and discouraging young adults from getting a college education so they can provide adequately enough financially for themselves in this " real world ", and the WT society saying any elder or Ministerial servant supporting their children going to college or higher education will lose their elders or MS posotion in the congregation.

3. Preventing minor children from receiving life saving blood transfusions saying it's Gods's command to do so - when in reality it's the policy of the WT society . Then to avoid lawsuits the WT society CHANGES and states blood fractions are acceptable- but not whole blood ! What's the difference ?? It still comes from blood !

4. The never ending " overlapping generation " change which results in the WT society buying about 50 to 75 years more time because of their INCORRECT interpretation of the dictionary definition of " generation "- which is actually 25 to 30 years. Which results in older JW's ( aged 70 to 90 having been lied to when originally promised " millions now living will never die " in the 1920's. Guesss what ? All those people are dead. You and I will die as well. NOBODY lives forever. WE were all lied to.

5. The opening up of the 1935 " sealing " of the anointed as Jehovah wasn't done collecting the 144, 000 thus resulting in an increase from 2006 of only 7,000 partaking claiming a heavenly hope to 11,000 as of current date 2011 , with no end in sight to the increase of anointed. I thought they are supposed to die and reign in heaven ? They are proliferating in number ! But the REAL reason the sealing was opened back up and not kept closed ? Drum roll please - Because the OLDER Governing Body died within the " overlapping generation " and in order for younger Governing body members ( currently aged 55 to 70 ) to be selected as GB members they had to be of the " anointed " - so conveniently the sealing was opened up again in 2006 or so for more to be of the anointed just as the old guard was dying off ! Makes sense to me to the WT society's motives of keeping their organization going - yet no sense whatsoever according to the doctrines they teach !

I could go on and on, but I worked all night, I'm tired - and half of what I just wrote you are trained to yune out and not listen to because I'm allegedly " demonized " or some such ridiculousness. I'm NOT " demonized " just a caring person who wishes to awaken you my friend. Anyway, have a great day ! O.K. ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    are you all kidding with this garbage. you can get sick going to walmart.....just wash your hands and quit finding tiny little things to pick on.
    if you don't want the truth, please don't use this rediculous argument as your out!!.....Fairplay105

I`m not forced to sit in a room with sick people for hours,at Walmart..If I see a sick person I can avoid them at Walmart..

There is No Truth in the WBT$.....Just Sick people and WatchTards..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I remember years ago the older elders would speak from the platform saying the only reason to miss a meeting or FS was to be dead. We had a small child back then the older ones would always come to the hall sick and make everyone else sick. It was like a badge of honor to come to the meeting sick. The misses and I have notice we are not sick as must anymore also. Fairplay105 wlcome to the board. Its not the fact that some come to the meetings sick its the cult thinking behind it that causes ones to be so guilty about missing a meeting because they are sick so they come and make everyone else sick. Looking forward to your story. Totally ADD

• ambersun
    ambersun

Back in the 1960s, it was the unquestioned rule that as long as we could actually stand up we felt obligated to attend all the meetings and assemblies however ill we were. People would literally drag themselves up off their sick beds to attend.

I used to hate the disease ridden meetings and assemblies, especially in the winter months as I knew if there was someone there sneezing their heads off (as there frequently was) I would be in bed the following week with a bad cold and asthma which would develop into bronchitis or pneumonia. It happened every year without fail! One year after repeated visits to the doctor and yet another prescription for penicillin I remember my doctor pleading with my mom to keep me away from "hot crowded environments" as I kept being reinfected and my health just couldn't take it. Of course as soon as I was well enough, I would be there at the next meeting being sneezed and coughed on all over again.

My health has improved greatly since I stopped going to those virus infested boasting sessions 20 odd years ago thank goodness, although the constant infections of my youth has left me having to take permanent medication.

Comments like the one made by fairplay 105 make my blood boil. Sorry because I know you are new and welcome to the board by the way, but it is the truth. I can only think that by making such a comment you have never suffered from a low immunity system. If I am in a shop where someone is obviously ill, I hold my breath and walk past them as soon as possible so as not to breathe in their germs. You can't do that when you are forced to sit by someone coughing and spluttering in a stuffy meeting hall for two hours!!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

An assembly interview went something like this....

Speaker asking Elder: How is it that you and your family make it to every meeting?

Elder: We do not stay at home unless we are throwing up.

So all the times they are coughing, hacking, high fever and who is to say what else, they are in the front row!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

You can't handle the truth!

Jessop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit