District Crapvention - Immense Image in Daniel

by outsmartthesystem 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Since my exodus is yet incomplete.....I was there. And it was indeed awful.

According to the talk.....the iron and clay feet of the immense image is the Anglo-American world power. This is what I was taught as a child. but I could swear (I cannot find my old "Daniel's Prophecy" book) that when the Daniel's Prophecy book came out....the book depicted the bottom part of the legs as the Anglo American world power (since Britain "sprung" from the Roman empire) and the feet of iron and clay were depicted as the politically fragmented world that exists "at the end". Am I smoking dope?

• glentrevette
    glentrevette

your on crack mixed with clay wasnt the anglo american world power were you daydreaming through all those meetings

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

That is what I remember from when I was a kid...

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

When I first started reading WTS literature some 45 years ago, much was being expounded from the two Bible books - Daniel and Revelation. And yes, in those years, we were always being told that the feet made from a clay / iron mix represented the polically fragmented world of these "Last Days."

Bill.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I wouldn't worry about it.

• TDaze
    TDaze

Yeah that's what I remember too. I don't see how this "new light" is new, honestly.

• dm6
    dm6

i would forget about all this nonesense if i were you. meetings, JW's the bible. everything.gone.period.= happy life.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's another

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

This is not "new light". It is a return to what was believed from1978 - 1985. The flip flopping continues.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The interpretation changed (or was interpreted depending on the context of the literature) a couple of times. Trust me, the next new light will be that the feet are Iron = America and Clay = China. This would allow for the strong world power that was shattered by a soft economic element but both world powers would need each other to exist.

After that, when the US fails (within a few decades when we all speak Chinese) the Greek world power will not be a significant world power anymore since they never really had a strong impact on Jehovah's people and thus the legs of iron were America and China the feet of clay and iron as they are strong as iron but the communistic aspects of this power make them open for widespread corruption and thus these are the 'soft' elements. We will still be living in the time period of the feet and the rock is about to hit the feet so Armageddon should be really close now. Sorry for the last 300 years of speculation where the Holy Spirit was wrong but the light keeps on getting brighter like a strobe at the disco.

Within 5 world powers the statue would've come into existence at 1914 and thus the head of Gold is America as foreshadowed by the king of Babylon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit