Things are heating up again!

by TimothyT 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

This evening my dad came into my room and told me that this week he is going to disassociate himself. He is totaly fed up with the organisation.

Recently a brother in our hall snitched on my brother and I for supposed wrongdoings (myself for being gay), and the elders have been badgering our family for a few weeks now. We are all tired of it. My dad, who has been a JW for over 20 years, serving as an elder for 10 of them, has lost it! He believes, quite rightly too, that if he disassociates himself, they will leave him alone. How ironic.

I am just considering the impact that this will have on all the brothers I know in the congregation. My dad is a wonderful man and the news will come as an upsetting shock to many. But, it gives me the free will to be entirely honest with other JWs without them telling my dad about my situation. I welcome it! Iv had enough of withholding my feelings from other JW's.

I am now feeling INVINCIBLE in terms of what the JWs can do to me. I dont care what they know about me anymore.

Thanks for everyones support over the past few months on this forum.

Timmy

• jay88
    jay88

That's what's up Tim for hanging in there,....

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    This evening my dad came into my room and told me that this week he is going to disassociate himself.

Wow, I guess I haven't followed your story as closely as I thought! Congrats! That is great news.

PS. Are you still going to the KH?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm so glad your dad has seen the light. I'm glad he's fed up, and that he chooses his children over the org. Help him out as much as you can as he goes through this period.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Give your Dad a pat on the back. That's so great that you have his full support and he can see just how ridiculous the bOrg is to try and control people's lives.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's good that you'll have one another for support during this ordeal. Leaving the organization is not an easy thing, especially at first.

• luna2
    luna2

Sometimes the delight in picking on people to make it look like they are actually doing something backfires. I'm glad your father is done with them.

• Gayle
    Gayle

You're are very lucky (hee-hee) to have a dad like you've got. I wish more JW parents would start standing up for their families and take the strength that their kids are their kids alone and do not belong to the elders, nor the mostly childless Governing Body of JWs.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Wow Tim. Just WOW! This has got to blow your mind. It blows mine. I'm incredibly happy for you.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Congratulations on taking back your mind from the clutches of this corrupt high control group.

As well to your father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit