WTS vs The Smurfs? 2011

by kzjw 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My wife and I get a kick about this topic when it comes up. I was too old to be interested in Smurf's, but my wife was told by Grandma not to watch it when she was growing up. So her household was a Smurf-banned household.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I kind of sort of agree with UC, but....

....old-timers won't be able to help but talk about it.

.....the WTS might have liked the Smurf Demons talk going around because it made parents feel guilty to let the kids watch Saturday morning cartoons back in the day when they were supposed to be out recruiting, WITH THE KIDS.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Anony mous at last someone else that got excited looking in the magazines for those handdrawn harlots showing some legs and slight cleavage. Boy when Momma asked if I studied my litererature could i say in all honesty "yep I did" cos I sure as hell did!

The I found new magazines my brother brought home that would have made the borg wish I watched the smurf movies!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

There is a lot of new ones in the KHs since the smurf nonsense, when I was recruited in the early 1990s I didn't hear anything about the smurfs so it's unlikely there will be much about it today. There might be some old timers who bring it up but that again might be in the minority. WTS doubled since then, many left and died so this smurf business will be news for many IMO. There might be idiotic rumors popping up in some congregations but I doubt it will be as big as some imply it was in the 80s - I never heard of it while a dub.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The Smurfs are back! In my congo at least the Smurfs are now demonic again! We do have some old timers but not-so-old-timers (parents of older children) still remember it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit