DON'T SPEND TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

by Hairyhegoat 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there DOC

I always use reference to where my qoutes come from

so people can look them up for themselves, and so do many

here on board. credibility is a must

• wasblind
    wasblind

sorry for the double post

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The comments in the original post may not be untrue, even if largely paraphrased , but many are not typical (in the main) of The WTS today. One problem is that when they want to relax a rule they do not honestly come out and say that the previous thought has been revised. One example may be Re . the game of chess.

"it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers. Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14."

Just six years later they wrote.

Awake 1979 1/22 p10

"Contributing to backgammon’s popularity is the fact that it is easy to learn, yet is very difficult to master. And, of course, chess is another board game that has long provided many persons much pleasure.

Very entertaining, too, are word games, ......"

Often just by the tone of an article dealing ,say, with the disfellowshipped, the cong. get the idea that the emphasis has changed. I guess that they are too proud to say "We were wrong about this"

• bigmac
    bigmac

goat wrote

" We are both old gits now and where are big mac's comments on this thread because he is certain to know that the post is a true as he was in longer than me I think."

just reading through all this

no--you 2 are young gits by comparison

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

What difference does it make if the end is soon??

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good information HairyHeGoat

Don't associate with outsiders (non-Jehovah's Witnesses). You are too busy for that! Watchtower, 2/1/74, p.93.

Association with non-Jehovah's Witness kids should be limited to trying to convert them. Your Youth-Getting the Best Out of It. 1976, p. 65.

Remember, you are to have "no association" with non-Jehovah's Witness friends or relatives. If they are honest and moral, that still does not make any difference. Watchtower, 2/15/60, pp. 112-113.

A sickening display of cultism if there ever was one.

I had to abide by these rules growing up as a JW child, guess who was the worst behaved kid in the neighborhood ?

The PO son, the one that I was only allowed to play with, every kid and parent around, hated him for his violent destructive behavior,

but I was forced to play only play with him as all the other kids in the neighborhood were identified as wordily and evil.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

Okay, just talk to and between yourself. That's HOW you'll know everything, THE TRUTH, eh?

Never mind, physicists, chemists, geologists, archaeologists, the ones reading old, old documents and molecular behavior!

Astronomers can lie about the Cosmos all day long; why not? They get paid, don't they?

You don't need their knowledge anyway!

Never mind outcomes of technology! Transhumanists can distort God's DNA, and who cares?

Monsanto can produce destructive and fatal sterile-seeds! What do you care?

Let's all just LOVE IGNORANCE, and call it worship!

That's why I left.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Let's all just LOVE IGNORANCE, and call it worship!

Good one Shechaiyah

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As a dubkid there were no 'associates' around my age group at the damp sh1thole of a kingdum hell. I was not allowed to go about with my friends from school and was laughed at for being 'the Joho Mummy's boy!'

My parents did what they thought was right but I still hold resentment that they obeyed s0ds like Nofun Knorr and Freddie Tranz.

My childhood was depressing! The cult took away my youth and I won't get it back!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HairyHeGoat:

Good post.

Steve2:

I agree with you that the recent crack-down on "bad" associations is not new. However, the religion does have a phobia against the internet because they see it as their biggest threat. I think the threat is even larger than all the other things added up!

The reason they hate the internet so is because it is an endless fountain of information the religion would like to hide but cannot. AND, (the biggest reason of all) you can associate with anybody you want (either by e-mail or other social networking sites), in the privacy of your own home, without anybody knowing about it.

This is the thing the religion hates more than anything in the world. It CANNOT control WHO you associate with and more importantly, it cannot know who you associate with. This is most frustrating to them. Even a disfellowshipped person can associate with people in the privacy of his/her home without the control freaks knowing about it. This takes the "sting" out of their disfellowshipping or marking doctrines and in a sense makes them useless.

It is all about the religion's loss of control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit