I have question about the new light on the statues toes

by Igot2bme 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

My son went to the DC this past weekend and we visited on the phone for a bit about what he picked up there. He of course was sad and worried for us because we no longer have anything to do with the Org. We covered alot of issues that had to do with why I felt that the Org did not have gods holy spirit. He then brought up the talk on the statues toes and why they were significant but he didn't get all of what they were talking about. The point that they keep ramming home was that this world power (Anglo-American) would be the last before Armageddon was to take place. So according to them what is the significance of the toes? Can anyone help me with this?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Onychomycosis.

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

LOL!

*Gross*

I have to say I agree NRFG!

• TDaze
    TDaze

@NRFG: Brilliant.

@lgot2bme: I think it's one of those "armageddon is not around the corner, we have TURNED the corner!" and "it's not within armreach, it's within our eyelids!" -things.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I don't know what they said about the toes but I do know the teaching that the (anglo-american) being the last of the world powers is nothing new. They have been saying that since I was a kid and I am 57 now. As far as the toes go they have been back and forth with them for years. It's one of those things they don't have a clue about. Except they keep changing it to make everybody think there is some new light coming out. This is one of those teaching the majority of the JW don't know what they really teach. So the WT can get away with whatever they say. Totally ADD

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Until someone will post the WT significance of the "toes"

I will post here what I have found through a deep study on matter:

----------------------------

The prophecy of the great image of Daniel 2 is in fact the history of the "society" (WT)and the people associated with it - during the period called "the latter days" - that is, starting with 1872.

Now, Jehovah who knows the end of a thing from its beginning has foretold in His prophecies what is to happen to this "society"
    the "society" was prefigured by the great image of Daniel 2

--at the beginning it was of "gold" - something good and "pure" / of value before God (during Russell's time )

--then of "silver" something of value, but less value than at the beginning (during Rutherford's time )

-- the third "material" was "brass" - that is IMITATION of gold , so it is made by the great imitator of God, Satan - it describes "the organization" under the leadership of MOL (this MOL has the authority directly from Dragon / Rev 13:2 ) - starting with 1942 with Knorr and further...

-- it follows the "iron and clay" : we are today at this point:
    the toes partly of iron and partly of clay do represent two types of human character of those involved in this society ( the organization ruled by WTBTS )

the iron :
    Isaiah 48:
    4. Because I knew that thou art obstinate,
    and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;

the "iron" = those who don't let themselves be modeled/shaped by God's word , those who are opposing to God's commandments and warnings

the clay
    Isaiah 64:
    8. But now, O Jehovah, thou art our Father; we are the clay,
    and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

the "clay" = those (characters) who let Father's word work in their hearth and are ready to make changes (repent)

- - the "iron" are the ones having the "mark of the beast" on their forehead and hand (totally idolizing the WT org. and its GB)
    while
    - - the "clay" are God's sheep ( prisoners of this organization) which must be pulled out/made free from under the "Pharaoh"s domination and brought into God's Kingdom ( Micah 7:15 )
    this is an action started /ongoing

Today the "angels" send by Jesus are sounding with "God's trumpet" and advertising that God is going to punish the "city" (so called His organization) because of its practicing idolatry ( obeying the GB and WTS more than His Son )

the "iron" doesn't want to hear that and goes ahead on their own way (manifesting their obstinacy)

the "clay" pay attention to what the Son is teaching through the Spirit of truth and is ready to obey (and repent)

there is no possibility to be unity between these two types of "worshipers" of God

at this time the Kingdom is "coming" on earth .

The "coming" of the Kingdom means/results in the disintegration of the WT organization - (the great image)

I truly hope this may be understood,

wantingtruth

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

He can help......... or not if he doesn't really get it.

Ask him the questions. If he says something loopy, ask him to explain, or prove, it to you.

If he says something factually wrong, direct him to somewhere to read it for himself.

He needs to understand that he doesn't know what he is talking about, but he won't do any research to find that out without your encouragement. Don't do his research for him, except to know what he will find when he does some.

Him wanting to save you from doomsday is good incentive. Use it.

The talk would have been based on this Awake! http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/209704/1/Awake-5-11-THE-SEVENTH-WORLD-POWER-Gasp-A-history-lesson

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/g_E_201105.pdf

• stillin
    stillin

I heard the talk and I am still puzzling over it. The other parts of the statue were explained to have been not ALL world powers throughout history but only the ones that were directly involved with God's people. So, my problem is that, whereas previously, the iron-mixed-with-clay part represented the hard-line dictatorship-type "bloc" of nations and the clay represented the more democratic "bloc," (not mixing too well) NOW we are supposed to see it as the Anglo-American dual world power. My problem with that is, first of all, what's the iron and clay supposed to mean? Britain and the USA do just fine alongside each other. Second, isn't the modern-day organization supposed to be global in its' scope? So why say that Britain and America have any special place in the bigger scheme of things relating to God's people? These two nations are just two more out of the entire world.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

To the WT: I gotcha toes right here, they're connected to my foot. Wanna see what I can do with it? No really, it's a neat trick. I make it disappear. Now, just turn around..............

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Ask him why the entire statue, from Bablyon to Roman world powers extended for only about 800 years, but the feet have now extended for almost 2000 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit