The elders visited me yesterday.

by voltaire 20 Replies latest jw friends

• qadreena
    qadreena

keep up the honesty bit, it can only do you a world of good!!!

xxx angel xxx

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Voltaire: "Free at last. Free at last. Thank God I'm free at last."

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Yeah! Good for you!
    That is exactly why I d'ad myself. I didn't believe in it anymore and didn't feel like living a hypocritical life. I wanted to be true to myself also.

God bless you!!!

ofcmad

"Noah was a drunk and look what he accomplished." The Metatron/ Dogma
  • hippikon
    hippikon

When they came to your door did you ask them if they had a search warrant? (Sounds like they were snooping)

• r51785
    r51785
    I didn't commit adultery, kill someone or rob a bank.

Those aren't sins, only questioning the divinely inspired word of the WT is a sin.

• DB
    DB

Voltaire, when the df you, they will still need to contact you to inform you of their decision. Until then (unless their proceedures have changed) they can make no announcement.

Thus, if you want to, simply avoiding contact with the elders will keep them from anouncing the dfing, if you want to go that route. On the other hand, maybe you'd rather just get the whole thing over with. Can't blame you.

• messenger
    messenger

Sad to say currently on a DA they do not have to contact you. when you stated you wold not come for the meeting that was really all they needed to go ahead and make a decision without you being there. On the df route more contact is needed. On DA if you make known your feelings to two witnesses it is over. They will make an announcement and if you get any contact at all consider it very generous of your local elders.

• exodus
    exodus

Voltaire,

You are not alone. Welcome to a real life. No more burden, You are free just like many of us. Feel free to email me if you wisk. Good luck and wish you all the best for you and family. Don't forget you also have a family here on this DB.

• Flip
    Flip
    …that maybe, just maybe, they would understand my position. It hurt, to be honest. I didn't commit adultery, kill someone or rob a bank.

Volt’ actually you did something worse, you questioned the validity of what you were told to believe was true and now you threaten their methods of disclosure.

Organizations such as the WTBTS simply cannot survive financially as well as they do if they allow open scrutiny of their operations from those they seek to control.

Remember to keep things in perspective, you've simply lost your job as an unpaid distributor for a publishing company where, unfortunately, there's a good chance many of your family and friends are all employees and the only customers of a jealous Corporation.

Flip

• LB
    LB

See what pisses me off Volarie is they put you in the same category as those who've robbed a bank killed someone or who has cheated on thier spouse.

Then everyone will speculate one what horrible sin you've committed.

It makes me sick.

I still can't believe I used to believe.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit