The elders visited me yesterday.

by voltaire 20 Replies latest jw friends

• voltaire
    voltaire

Well, it's finally over. Last Saturday I talked with an elder about how I feel about the WT. We talked for about 3 hours. The next day he asked my wife what would be a good day to see me again. They came by yesterday(the very first available opportunity), but I wasn't home. They waited in front of the house for a long while(according to my wife) but had left when I arrived. I had been home for about 15 minutes when the doorbell rang. They were pleasant, we chatted a very little and they asked if I thought it was the truth. I said "no". They said, "either you're with us or you're against us." They suggested I write a letter. I told them I wouldn't, because I think it's unethical to shun people for their points of view. They could difellowship me if they wished. They said they would and asked me if I would be going to the judicial meeting. I said "no". They understood. They'll call me to let me know the time and place as a formality. Then they'll let me know their decision. (wonder what'll be????)

I think I still clung just a little bit to the notion that maybe, just maybe, they would understand my position. It hurt, to be honest. I didn't commit adultery, kill someone or rob a bank. As soon as I let them know how I really felt, it was over. They were on me as fast as they possibly could be.

Quess what. Although it hurts a bit, it also feels very good to know that for the first time in my life, I'm true to myself. I'm honest with the world. If they want to shun me , I really don't have that much to say anyway. Although I feel a little anger at times, and cry a bit, I can see blue skies off in the distance and THAT IS A WONDERFUL FEELING!!!

ps I doubt I could have gotten through this as well as I did without the emotional support I've found here. (A special thanks to Fred Hall. In all seriousness, the whacked JWs who come here are proof enough of the poverty of intellect in the WT. )

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{Voltaire}}}}

I am glad you are happy...that is the most important thing. They may shun, however, you will shine.

tina

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((voltaire)))

The "I didn't commit adultery, kill someone or rob a bank" part is why I DA'd myself in the end. Didn't think I had done anything WRONG!
    Couldn't stand the idea of them saying I had. But that's just me...

It is incredibly freeing to finally be true to one's self. Good for you!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

That is why I could never see any reason to get baptized all those years. Why bother I knew it would only be a matter of time when I was df'd. Never made ant sense at all.
    "your either with us or against us" they actually said that?

So I guess this means they'll be by afterwards to reposess your baptizem?

Life will go on it always does. Hope you will have more peace in your life since your getting something enevidible out of the way.
    plm

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Incredible and that is why the dubs are in decline. It is our duty to the rest of society and to let them know what the JW's really stand for.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• kenny2
    kenny2

Voltaire,

I know it DOES hurt, but being true to yourself was the best choice.

Keep in mind, no matter how crazy this may sound, that maybe one day one of those guys may reflect on that experience and inspire him to make a decision for himself. I'm sure there are some here who know that to be true.

Kenny

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Voltaire:
    It may hurt like crazy but there will be good days too.

Here's wishing you and yours less pain, and more freedom, day by day.

PS. Of course it would really set the cat amongst the pigeons if you replied to the "date of meeting" letter, saying that the date was unacceptable.

• rekless
    rekless

The reason I go for DAing is like having a job and one day you get to work and the boss says, " Dan I'm going to fire you, heard you don't agree with how many shovels of shit that goes in the box car.

I say, well I know for a fact that I loaded four more shovels of shit into that boxcar than you said would fit.

So kiss my ass, you can't fire me I quit.hahahahaha

LOLROF

• Beans
    Beans

Hey Vol:
    Reading your story sent shivers through me.When I hear all these stories every week about people leaving it reminds me how emotional it is for everyone going through the breakthrough period.I have seperated myself from them so much since leaving 17 years ago that I have forgoten how strapped they are.

Good Luck,You did the right thing,I love the part when you said you didn`t want to write a letter or go to th J committie meeting thats strong,and who really cares anyway what they say or do your free!!!
    Beans

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

Voltair,
    Greetings to the family of Christ.And thank you for your story about the Elders.Yes,the WatchTower demands you must follow the same belief as they do or else,reguardless if it's an opinion or not.That's how they scare everybody and try to keep a control over you.Bethel has known about me and they probably keep watch over me all the time,just as Satan does.
    Keep up the Good work,My Brother,and Peace Be Unto you..Need any help I am here for you...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit