Adam didn't have intercourse with Eve prior to sinning? Watchtower Quote.

by ThomasCovenant 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Watchtower 15th Jan 1958 page 62 QFR.

Why, after receiving from God the express command to multiply and fill the earth, did Adam and Eve refrain from carrying out this procreation mandate while they were perfect in the garden of Eden?

Asking this question concerning Adam and Eve is like trying to meddle in the private affairs of a Christian married couple today, and asking why they have had no children as yet. Jehovah God set no definite time for Adam and Eve to begin having perfect children to fill the earth. They being perfect, their intercourse together sexually would be for the purpose of reproducing the human kind.

Evidently there was no intercourse between them for the begetting of children while they were in the garden of Eden.

Evidently there was no begetting of a child before they were expelled from the garden of Eden; otherwise their first son, born after their expulsion and named Cain, would have been born perfect of his mother Eve, just as Jesus was born perfect from his imperfect mother Mary. Why? Because Cain would have had the perfect Adam as his father.
    Jehovah God did not drive Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden just because they did not promptly begin to have children, according to the procreation mandate. The sin for which they were expelled from Eden was their partaking of the forbidden fruit of "the tree of the knowledge of good and bad." (Gen. 2:17)

Their first act of intercourse that the Bible records was after their expulsion from Eden as sinners. Why they did not have intercourse and produce children during their stay in the garden of Eden is their own personal affair.

This proved to be very providential. It made it possible for all the offspring of Adam and Eve outside the garden of Eden to be redeemed by the one human sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ. It left no child or children born perfect inside the garden of Eden who did not need to be redeemed by Christ's sacrifice, and the majority of mankind born imperfect outside the paradise of Eden who needed redemption by Jesus Christ. All Adam's descendants being begotten in sin outside the garden of Eden, all were born imperfect through inheritance from the one man. All were made subject to death through the one man Adam, and thus all those who were disposed to salvation could be recovered to everlasting life through the sacrifice of the one man, Jesus Christ.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What a load of bollox!!!

How anyone can believethe Genesis accoungt is toatlly beyond me. Even as a dub I saw it as somewhat allegorical.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The WT also say somewhere this is why they were in the Garden of Eden for less than a month. During this time Eve's natural desires would have taken effect.....

The reference for this was here a few months ago.

I was raised as a JW so brainwashed from birth, like cantleave I believe.

Can you imagine going to someones door and asking 'Do want to know how wickedness began?'

'Well there was this naked woman, a fruit tree and a talking snake'

COME IN! I don't think so. How can intelligent people believe this today?

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

I didn't proof-read that comment above did I?

• St George of England
    St George of England

At least you can spell allegorical.

George

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

St George said,

Can you imagine going to someones door and asking

'Do want to know how wickedness began?'

'Well there was this naked woman, a fruit tree and a talking snake'

COME IN!

Thank you, lol.

What Would Farkel Say.

They're Effin Idiots.

And so was I.

• wobble
    wobble

Yea, but bollocks is spelled thusly. I too, as a JW, could only accept Genesis as Hebrew Allegory in the main, I felt there might be some history in there. Not now.

I think the attempts by biblical literalists to write on such matters just expose how very silly they are as people, let alone as bible experts.

• John Locke
    John Locke

The WT also say somewhere this is why they were in the Garden of Eden for less than a month. During this time Eve's natural desires would have taken effect.....

St George of England can you remember where this can be found??? It would be nice to have a proof :)))

That just sound hilerious

• JRK
    JRK

C'mon, Adam would have hit that within 5 minutes. The sheep were starting to look good.

JK

• designs
    designs

Adam had to read the Instruction Manual first...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit