Comments please on," Jesus Dismantles The 1914 prophecy: on the "Watchtower Leaks" SITE

by pedal power 11 Replies latest jw friends

• pedal power
    pedal power

I came accross this line of reasoning I have never seen before ?????

• cantleave
    cantleave

link?

• irondork
    irondork

link?

• pedal power
    pedal power

Sorry Im a luddite, I.d put one up but dont know how, Sorry, can somone with a brain do it please !!!

• pedal power
  • ThomasCovenant
  • pedal power
    pedal power

Thanks Tommo

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Go to the site / page you want to link.

Copy (you KNOW how to do that?!?) the address from your browsers address bar http://www.thisismylinkpage.etc.ect

ON JWN in the post a reply part find the T over a folder (top left 4th right from the scissors) then right click and paste the link into the text box, click insert.

Now to make that text a LINK to the site you select the text (cursor far right, hold left button and drag left to select words)

Once words are selected then the LINK option becomes available, the chain link icon becomes active, click on the link icon and paste (right click paste) the link into the link URL box, click insert.

Sorry but this JWN interface is pretty poor and not very intuitive at all and i still struggle with it tbh. hint hover mouse pointer over icons to see what they do.

Apologies if that's too dumbed down, to much time in the dumbed down JWs have had its effect.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hi pedal power.

Some supporting Scriptures in addition to Matt. 28:18 (yes, a good one):

(Ephesians 1:20-21) . . .with which he has operated in the case of the Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name named, not only in this system of things, but also in that to come.

(Philippians 2:9-11) . . .For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every [other] name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

(Revelation 3:21) [To first century Laodicea]. . .To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

OTOH, contrast what the WTS says:

My Follower (2007) chap. 18 p. 184 par. 7-8 "Continue Following Me"

What has Jesus been doing in heaven since his return there? He has tremendous authority. (Matthew 28:18) Indeed, Jehovah appointed him to rule over the Christian congregation, an assignment that he has carried out in a loving and just way. (Colossians 1:13) ... Do you recognize Jesus as Head of the Christian congregation? (Ephesians 5:23) In order to continue following him, you will want to promote an obedient, cooperative spirit in your local congregation.

8 Jesus was granted still more authority in 1914. In that year he was appointed as King of Jehovah's Messianic Kingdom.

w90 3/15 p. 15 par. 2 Cooperating With the Governing Body Today

At the end of "the appointed times of the nations," Jehovah increased Christ's kingly authority, extending it beyond the Christian congregation. (Luke 21:24) Yes, in the year 1914, God gave his Son kingly authority over the "nations," "the kingdom of the world," all mankind.-Psalm 2:6-8; Revelation 11:15.

If Jesus already had 'all authority in heaven and on the earth,' how could he be given 'more'?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've seen that line of reasoning before. The Watchtower answers it with the same twisting and mental gymnastics they do everything else. Just as they say that Christ is not mediator for ALL mankind even though the scriptures say he is, they say he was not given ALL authority at his resurrection even though the scriptures say he was.

This is a good way to rebut the 1914 doctrine BUT ONLY IF the JW you are speaking with is already willing to think for him/herself.

The key to helping JWs isn't the ability to argue doctrine effectively - that's the easy part. The key is to break through the cult personality, the mind control that prevents them from even considering that their current beliefs or the Watchtower's interpretation might be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit