How about this for an illustration? Aug Awake

by IMHO 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I thought he was white but in a shadow saying "I'm not telling you exaclty who I am" ya as a girl unless it looked like someone was hurt I never stop regardless of who it is.... I'm a nice person but don't feel like making the news as the latest murder...

but if anyone wants to friend me on FB and you say you are here or an ex-jw why would I not let you in?

• snowbird
    snowbird

As usual, they make no allowance for the fact that people can use common sense or trust their instincts.

Sheesh!

Are JW's kindergarteners?

Syl

• sizemik
    sizemik

It is possible to get to know others online . . . by direct interaction as well as how they relate to others over time. Even then . . . what do you trust them with? . . . your opinion! . . . and what will they assault you with? . . . their opinion! . . . scary stuff!

The analogy is false . . . about as false as you can get . . . but hey, what's new?

• truthlover
    truthlover

OHOH!
    Isn't she driving on the wrong side of the road - she is going to pick him up!! The steering wheel is on the wrong side if she is driving on the right side.....

Am I wrong?

• kazar
    kazar

truthlover

This illustration could be in England where the steering wheel is on the right side of the car.... but I'm still trying to figure out which side of the road she should be on. She could be on a highway where it's more than one lane in a given direction but I can't figure out what appears to be a sidewalk there. Or maybe I'm analyzing this thing to death. Anyway I don't think you are wrong.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Very good point. I do not "know" any of the governing body. They could all be hired actors as far as I know. Therefore, using their reasoning, I will decline to accept spiritual instruction from them.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Would you accept our word that we are / represent the Faithful Slave, just because we tell you so?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is the correct driving position for England and Australia.

The illustration does not fit. To pick up a stranger in a car can be dangerous, as they could physically attack you when no one is around to assist, such as with a knife or gun. Talking to a stranger in a pub, at a supermarket, or going preaching, is safer as there are other people around. The internet is incomparably safer than inviting a stranger alone into a car, and far safer than talking to a stranger whilst preaching. It only becomes unsafe if you arrange to meet them without proper precaution.

The Watchtower needs to stop sensationalising things and just stick to teaching useful information, such as avoiding the dangers of meeting a stranger introduced to off the internet, or revealing personal information.

• BoleynGirl
    BoleynGirl

As jwfacts pointed out.............It's pretty hard for someone to stab you to death with their keyboard and mouse. THAT's the difference between picking up a stranger in your car and meeting people online.

Yes, the WT and Awake are never happy unless a mountain is made out of a molehill.

• sabastious
    sabastious

"Worldly people's asses are dirty even on the outside of their clothes. I wouldn't be caught dead with any worldly ass particles on MY front passenger side seat NO SIREE!"

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit