• Satanus
    Satanus

Hi Jerome:)

• butalbee
    butalbee

SS--LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Zodiac
    Zodiac

okay i cant find the post that i wanted to respond to, but this will work.. you said you dated a jehovah witness? How long did you guys date? I am only asking because i just started dating one myself and the whole thing is overwhelming.. i have no religious background at all, and i dont know what i am in for. My new boyfriend had an exgirlfriend that he dated for 5 years but then the mysteriously ended, he said she was catholic and they were never going to marry, but i can believe you would commit your self to someone for that long then walk away.. am i doomed? We have been together for 6 months, and i desperately need to talk to someone who knows from experience and it sounds like you had the same thing happen, so please inform me!
    it is all driving me nuts...

• butalbee
    butalbee

Zodiac--all I can say is RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

My relationship with a dub, seriously almost ruined my life.
    It is overwhelming, it's insanity to be honest.
    Even if you think religion isn't an aspect in your relations, believe me it is, no matter if you two talk about it or not, in the end I was faced with the dilemnia--convert to his way of thinking[believing] or theirs no future...
    It sucked.
    Even though, I know he still loves me, and I do love him, we can't be together.

But I do hold on to one thing: if it's meant to be somehow, someday we've find each other again, I just won't change and he won't meet me half way.

• lurk
    lurk

hey jerome. im an x lurker and a newbei / a troll and apparently i'm also anyone else that they dont like or think it a troll. you may be accused of being me next lo dont be surprised or phone your doctor you not going mad other ppl just think your 3 posters in one, sort of like the trinity ;) .i suspect alot of newbies/trolls probadly gave up and left this place eventually cause they gave up justifying their posts and their exsistance. which is sad cause they need it as much as any other person.just think of it as joining an alternate WTS same type of thing without god talking to the click.unless someone has had devnie mesages poniting oiut us trolls.then im afriad we may be done for.
    power to the newbies/trolls may they stick it out and ignore the twits in the world.

• Zodiac
    Zodiac

yeah i am starting to wake up to this reality... what a jerk, you know i thought if you were serious about a faith that meant not to be such a hiprocrite, i just want to smack some sense in him and say he will never be trully utterly honestly in the faith becuase if it were true he would of never stuck his dick in me. Asshole. I always end up with the religious ones.. i feel like they are all trying to save me or something.... haha

• jerome
    jerome

i doubt that i will ever ever ever
    [did i say ever] ever go for another active jw again.

in the end if you donot convert or convert them then it will end ethier way.

what are you in for?

a very rough ride.

i am getting pratically nowhere all i am doing is a planting some seeds of doubt..

if you dont have any close ties to this person then it is probally better to leave them right away.

it will ruine your relationship. [it = watchtower]

rember jws HATE people who oppose their organisation.

very few of them have any feeling for them at all. they think that they are doing the devils work and that by not respecting them that they are making jehovah proud.

i dont actually know where in the bible it shows you where to hate but they do teach that you should hate them.

how rough is this ride.

1) you are constantly threatened with the posibility that your relationship as strong as it may seem may end at any moment.

2) if you try to talk with your partner about the watchtower in anything less than a good "light" their smile quickly turns into a frown.

3) you get fustrated that even when you confront them with seemingly irrefutable evidence about smething they manage to defend it with some flimsy notion.

4) sadly you have to watch as your partner is being decieved by this organisation and their is nothing you can do about it.

5) wait till his elders find out. you may have to deal with his guli of associating with a WORlDLY person and how he sees that he is displeasing jehovah.

6) have you met his family? if they are jw. they may mostly through out the worst welcome mat you have ever recieved. they will mostlikely tell him things about you behind your back. they wont aprove of your relationship.

if you dont love this person then the most you can do is to plant some seed of doubt in his mind before you break up.
    becareful with what you try to plant.
    mostlikely ask him to prove that jeruslem waa destroyed in 601 from NON WATCHTOWER SOURCES. and relate this date to their authority.
    that may plant some doubt. doubt does take time to grow. are you willing to wait.

since this person is involved with you he is going against watchtower policy but that dosent mean much as i have found out.
    your relationship has nothing to do with his thinking that watchtower is Gods sole channel of communication.

do i sound grimm

well to be honest things are worst than i made them sound.

if you do love him then you may want to try till you cant try anymore
    like i am

remember YOU MAY FAIL. the odds are definately NOT in your favour.

before you try to show him the truth about the truth make sure you know the truth for yourself.

it dosent look good for us.

but if you belive there is a GOD then prayer is your most valuable weapon.

Pray pray pray.

now you have just an idea of what your in for.

It is very important that you know what you are attacking

you are attacking the belief that the watchtower is Gods sole channel of communication between God and earth.

do as much research as possible and print it out and memorize it.
    [read, read, read!]

you have to memorize alot of it so that you dont have apostate litature in your hand when you confront him.
    [dont him to think your demonic]

i think you should look for the post about

have you converted a jw to an ex-jw [or something to that effect]

dont delude yourself because this wont be easy. its up to your best judgement to see what is best in your situation.

all i have said so far is still not describing the magnitude of the situation.

life just isnt fair is it.

the bible is a two edged sword wield it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

• Zodiac
    Zodiac

god, all of this is making my stomach turn and my heart ache even more. I am on vacation right now for a week, and i was hoping it would either make us closer or make it easier to break away, but all it is is playing games with my head, i cant sleep, eat, do much of anything because all i think about is him, and how i ruined my life for him, and how i dumped my boyfriend of 3 years for him and this false relationship that i thought was true, and i cant be happy with myself for any decision i have made in the last 7 months, and i wish it would all go away and i could be at peace with myself again, but afraid that it wont happen for a looonnng time.. funny, isnt religion suppose to bring love and joy to the people around you? I am starting to think he is the devil in disguise..

• butalbee
    butalbee

Zodiac--I sympathize with you, more than you know. You sound a lot like me, although, I made the biggest mistake I could've possibly ever made, I came so close to converting all for love, I was stupid, still am, still love him. When I see him, still my heart jumps.

But I broke it off with him, hoping to detoxic myself from all my feelings for him and all the crap the WT put me through. Having a very hard time escaping from both--believe me--I still feel doomed.

Hey, if you need to vent, email me.

Lara

• jerome
    jerome

sorry i took so long to get back to you.

well as i said if you truly love him then you want to hold onto hope.

hope has to be the gratest motivating factor in human thought and reasoning leading to action.

you would have noticed that fornication is not nearly as bad to him as reading apostate literature.
    why is that do you think?

do not try to show him the facts
    untill you get him to listen.

have you noticed that doubting the organisation is almost [well for allpratical reasons] equal to BLASPHEMY. [disrespecting Gods name]

shure you could have sex with him.[this is against his religion]
    he could become intimate with you.[emotionally attached- also against his religion]
    he may even take some heat form his congregation for being involved with you.[if they find out]

but although he knows that they [the above]are wrong he may still do them because he thinks that he will make up for it in the future.

he probally knows that he doesent have a future with you
    is in it for the companionship and the sex.
    if he likes you really likes you then he secretly wants to convert you! [he would probally want to convert you anyway even if you were not involved but being involved gives him more motivation.]

your inital goal is to get him to listen to you.

you would notice that alot of your conversations end up involving religion.
    he will have all the anwsers to all of your questions concerning this topic. [alot of them from memory]

if you get him to listen to soruces outside watchtower
    then you have a chance.

how do you do it?

this is the hard part. [close to impossible for many people to do. if not there wouldent be a watchtower scoiety.]

he may decide to listen to you for a while but then
    his defences will kick in and then the conversation is over.

you as a non-jw use different methods of reasoning to come to a conclusion.

you have your work cut out for you.

-----------------------

after you think you have a reasonable ammount of 100% FACTUAL information regarding the true nature of the truth
    and you have come to your own conclusion they you can do this.[ Your accuracy is VERY important he will be looking for every chance to prove you wrong. if you are wrong about ANYTHING this could be used as an excuse to end th discussion. or he may use it to waste time. make sure you have lots of time to spare.]

[i think you said you have no religious background
    know this then.
    you will have to read the bible and know it as well a you can]

tell him you want to set up a time period for you to discuss the facts
    regarding the information.

ask him when he will be willing to discuss the relavant information.

--------------------

[if he refuses then refuse to talk to him on ANY religeous matter at all period. this at least will give some controll on the situation. or based on the strength of your relationship you can refuse to talk to him much at all unless he is willing to listen to what you have to say. at this point i should note that your relationship may not have much of a future if you are not in the truth also. but are you willing to risk the last 6 months by seeing if it ends now or are you are willing to continue as you are nowing that you have no future. ]

This is ADVISE FROM AN 18 YEAR OLD. Beware!

----------------------

trust me you will need lots and lots of time for this discussion.
    [this is assuming that he is not a devout jw]

see if you can get 2-3 days of his and your time in a place where he cannot run from you where you will have privacy.

if you have ever talked to a jw then you will see why you need 3 WHOLE days. conversations run around in circles and soooo much time is wasted.

[in the mean time since you are intimate with this person then you could do some other stuff on the side if you know where i am coming from.]

i should WARN you that you are gtting ADVISE FROM AN 18 YEAR OLD!

you can take what information from me you deem to be relevant on this issue. or reject all of it.

rember i think you can ask all of the ex-jws on this board if you have a future with this person unless at least one of you converts.

-----------------------------

in the mean time enjoy it while it lasts.

the bible is a two edged sword
    wield it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit