Greetings, First Post on JWN Forum

by partydelights 29 Replies latest jw friends

• partydelights
    partydelights

Dear All,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I hope to introduce myself in order to gain more friends online.

To begin, I'm middleage and has just left WT with my family intact (praise God for that). My wife and I each has about 20 years association with JW Org and has 4 kids, plus one more coming (thanks in advance for your congratulations. We love kids).

[Before proceeding further, in my language, WT = Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, WT Articles = WT books, magazines, etc, JW = individual(s) who are in WT, JW Org = The Religious Organization called "Jehovah's Witnesses" (not the JW mentioned in Isaiah)].

We considered ourselves "spiritual" in the Biblical sense. Both of us read Bibles (not just NWT), gave up/disowned by our non-Christian families, our careers, my chance for University studies, married so that we can "reach out" for Missionary service together, travelled to "territories where the need is greater" to serve, etc, all for God (though we do not know WT has betrayed God then).

Primary reason of our decision to walk out of WT is because of the hypocrisy we discovered after a mis-pronouncement that made me step down from Pioneering. To cut a long story (15 years) short, I was foolish but not sinned against God, sensation raised and Elders' "ganged" to removed me (none of them serving as E now), I was asked to stepped down. But I did not accept, fight in many ways for 15 years, case re-open, meet with 3 COs, few Elders (not involved in the original case), ... , and finally, the DO who in his "shperding visit" with another E, privately apologzes and ask me what I want to do to the E's. I said "nothing needs be done to them", but wants to be "reinstated as a Pioneer". The answer by the DO was "I cannot do it". Well said by one who assured me he was "representing the Faithful and Discreet slave". Well, through the 15 year process, we saw all sorts of hypocrisies. When we're finally assurred that "WT image", not "the Name of Jehovah", is what the Es are concerned, we decide to leave WT with our children.

Of course the rest are experiences of shunning faced by everyone here. (That's why I considered myself lucky that my family is still intact.)

Today, I try to join online forums (including this one) to get myself on the "Internet Highway" so as to travel as quickly as possible away from WT ligerings. For those who wish to know more about me, you can read what PartyDelights post on Yahoo! R&S.

So, thanks for your reading and would very much like to link up with with more ex-JW worldwide, particular those in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. (Latest statistics from JWFacts indicates there's more than a million who had left WT the past 50 years.)

And be of good cheer (shall I quote from NWT of what - A joke).

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Wellcome, Party Delights. Sorry about your experience. Hope you find some peace, and comfort on this site.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Congrats on the kid and the new freedom! Welcome to the real world.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I was removed as an elder when the others ganged up against me, too. Perhaps I'll send them each a Thank You card someday.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Party Delights.

Congratulations on getting your family out too. That is quite a rare feat.

Cheers

Chris

• partydelights
    partydelights

Hey Guys (and Gals),

Thanks for YOUR quick replies.

Firstly, my wife and I are very happy to have our fifth child. (Unlike the Satan feelings instilled by WT regarding our Firstborn.) I'll update when the delivery is near (Ultrascan dates the birth to be from 29 October to 2 Novenber.)

And hey @sooner7nc, I like "Matrix". Maybe I'll watch again later with my family. (Ya. I never realize how much we missed as family until we left WT. When we no more need to place books and magazines, we have sooooo much time. We're using this time for bonding now.) Indeed, true freedom is to be a slave of Christ and under Christ alone. So good to be free from the "intermediate mediator", the "remnant" of JW Org.

Soooo happy to hear from an "Elder", @Billy (Is it your real name or an alias?). I had deal with enough Elders to be fully convinced that this rank is made up of hypocrites and "politicians". (Note: I was never appointed to any rank. I was only interested in Pioneering because that was the best way (I thought) to serve God properly.) Since you are an ex-Elder, then I can be assured you're not good enough to be a "politician" and hence can never be a hypocrite. So may I be a friend of yours? Feel free to email me.

Hey by the way, can anyone teach me how to change my avatar picture and allow friends here to PM or email me?

(Has anyone here requested a spell check on this Forum? I'm very bad at spelling and has to check spelling via MS Word, making my typing slow.)

And @Black Sheep, indeed it was a challenge. The step to "tell her the brutal truth" about WT was mixed with fear and uncertainty. But with God's blessings, her eyes were opened to the truth about WT's diabolical nature and the hypocrisy among Elders. We considered for 6 months before making our resolution to leave. (Well, that's another story. I'll share when opportunity arrives.)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome Party. I'm so glad you kept your family. That's rare.

NC

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Change your avatar here

Gravatar - Globally Recognized Avatars

To PM someone, click on their name, then look for the Send Message link.

Getting a PM is tricky.

Click on the envelope, top, right.

Click on the message (in bold)

You will get an error message.

Go back

Refresh/reload the page

The message should no longer be in bold. Click on it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, party delights. I like to say that the elders are the best gift to the ex-Witness community. It is their bad behavior that helps people take the leap to freedom.

Congradulations on your baby on the way.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

partydelights - Today, I try to join online forums (including this one) to get myself on the "Internet Highway" so as to travel as quickly as possible away from WT ligerings. For those who wish to know more about me, you can read what PartyDelights post on Yahoo! R&S.

Welcome partydelights and thank you for your introduction. You are very lucky to escape with your family intact and now you have the rest of your life to enjoy them free from the WTBTS. Since you sound like you have left the WTBTS and have plenty of doubts about it representing Our Father, I won't recommend that you read Raymond Franz's books (e.g., "Crisis of Conscience") and I will recommend that you read Steve Hassan's books (e.g., "Combatting Cult Mind Control") to learn how to overcome residual effects of WTBTS indoctrination.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit