A new twist on the overlapping generations

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'm assuming that GOrwell made his post with his tongue firmly in cheek. If not, then let me suggest that he do an examination of the writings of "Franz and Co" so that he can see the gross inconsistencies for himself. It won't matter what topic is investigated, the inquirer will discover that the only thing consistent with WTS doctrine is its inconsistency.

It wasn't just the writings of Russell and Rutherford that Franz and CO had theological differences with. Even a cursory examination of their own writings will reveal contradictions within. Of course, this is where the "new light" doctrine is especially insidious. It has been used to explain away all kinds of wrong-headed thinking and foolish doctrines that were promoted in the past. It stands ready to do so whenever the Governing Body finds it necessary.

I don't know about Governing Body 1.0, but I am firmly convinced now that Governing Body 2.0 is well aware of the deception it is practicing on the rank-and-file. They are no more concerned with the spiritual well-being of the membership than the Man in the Moon is. But I don't think the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses really care anymore. They think that they are in a "spiritual paradise", an "ark of salvation", and as long as they stay inside, God will surely protect them. Since they are only loyal followers, they won't be held responsible for any harm the Governing Body's false teachings do to themselves or others, and that is a real shame.

Quendi

• hoser
    hoser

I picked up something and I don't know if I heard it right. I thought our speaker said that the first group would have to not only be alive before 1914 but be spirit annointed before 1914. He said the same applied to the overlapping generation not only would their lives have to overlap the first generation but Their annointing would have to overlap the first generation.

The first generation of annointed (those who were annointed before 1914) are all dead. I don't belive there are any 120 year olds hanging around in any bethel closets anywhere.

So one can assume:

There will be no new annointed ones based on this doctrine of overlap. The second group, the overlappers would have to be annointed before the last of the 1914 generation had died, probably about 10 years ago.

Therefore one can conclude that any new partakers are fakes or mentally unstable.

The problem of the increasing partakers has been solved

hoser

• factfinder
    factfinder

This sounds confusing to me!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Therefore one can conclude that any new partakers are fakes or mentally unstable. The problem of the increasing partakers has been solved"

Not so. Ther are not regarded as fakes or unstable - although they very well might be - but they are still regarded as substitutes for those of the remnant who have proven unfaithful. But the solving of the problem lies in the fact that these new ones DO NOT COUNT as to the question of whether or not we are close to the end of this world. The proof of the closeness lies in the new overlap teaching, that the present remnant have to have been overlapping with the 1.0 version. Those who have not overlapped, are still considered valid remnant members, but can not be used to tell that this appointing of new substitutes can go on forever and ever, thus stretching the end time period. The end time period follows the 2.0 version, and if the substitutes can be called the 3.0 version, then they do not count as to the chronology.

• cantleave
    cantleave

that the present remnant have to have been overlapping with the 1.0 version. Those who have not overlapped, are still considered valid remnant

members

Of course they have to be counted as valid or the 56 year old Geoff Jackson would not be able to claim his seat on the GB.

You don't really believe this bullshit do you oldhippie?

• AleFer
    AleFer
    cantleave:
    TheOldHippie was referring to generation 3.0, not 2.0. Jackson would be 2.0.
    Ale
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "Therefore one can conclude that any new partakers are fakes or mentally unstable.

Hmph.

As far as I'm concerned, old partakers lean that way, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit