"In this system of things"

by Sour Grapes 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh god, watchtower jargon

I hate watchtower jargon

• sinis
    sinis

Things are changing, but not because of the Bible. I really feel sorry for the dubs who wish for the usher in of these events, because I can tell you if things go south, god ain't gonna be there, and it will be SCARY. These people have no clue. Civilizations rise and fall and the interim is always fluid, filled with chaos, etc. If things do go south, I believe it will be nothing like the dubs ever imagined or could deal with...

• White Dove
    White Dove

My dad likes to use the word "inculcate" when talking JW talk.

No one uses that word in every day visiting!

I hate that word.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

WHITE DOVE - Inculcate = Brainwash

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The ironic part of all of this is there has always been the supposed signs of the end times throughout human history, for thousands

of years and throughout the many occurring civilizations and cultures. The fear mongering Publishing Corporation (WTS) exploit these selective situations

to draw attention and market their published goods. The JWS are lazy and selfish people who are only interested in themselves and their perceived

redemption toward ever lasting Paradise, a fanatical dream offered once by a mythical god of the ancient Judeans.

Waiting for their Paradise as they have been told and doing little else for humanity.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The "end times" prophecies are like horoscopes and fortune cookies. They're designed to be applicable to anyone anytime anywhere. It's how the game works.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I remember always using that expression alot too- "in this system of things"... or in "the new system".

I also can't stand "the slave". My brother has lived down south since 1982 and he just drags it out: "the slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave". He sounds like goat boy from Saturday Night Live"!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how much the witlesses blame on "this system of things" that really is their own fault or that of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Take endless housework. It is a fact that it takes work to maintain things. Things wear out, break, get dirty, and need to be replaced or repaired from time to time. And it takes work to prepare meals, wash clothes, and just plain maintain things.

However, throw in the requirement that you must pio-sneer, that's when things get bad. Wasting 50 hours a month in field circus, plus the time needed to prepare for it, leaves much less to do housework. You also have to waste time preparing for boasting sessions. Throw in crap jobs because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has an absolute ban on higher education (even if you can do it without incurring debt) or Brother Hounder wants you to quit a job that might "stumble" someone, and there is even more squeeze on both time and money. Yet they blame "this system of things".

Another thing is that people do get sick. Part of this is because of the stress that work places on us, and our food is not really that great. Loaded with high fructose corn syrup, monosodium glutamate, petroleum dyes, and aspartame, this poison places a burden on us. Electromagnetic radiation, much of which comes from your cell phone or the power lines feeding power to your home, also play a role.

But, the witlesses add much to it. The stress is worse because you are hounded. Pio-sneering takes a lot out of you, and you cannot get adequate sleep (which itself causes and aggravates health problems). Then you go eat fast, good-tasting poison every single day for lunch so you can keep your time going. Which adds more to health burdens. Additionally, eating a TV dinner (those things are loaded with monosodium glutamate in many disguises as well as undisguised) in a rush before your boasting session or Family Waste the Evening Night adds to the burden. And when the day is structured so there is no joy or happiness, and much shame and guilt, you are more prone to developing health problems. Invariably, they blame "this system of things".

No, leaving the cancer will not automatically solve all your problems. But it will help prevent you from adding to them or making them worse.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Saying "this system of thing will never change" is code for social irresponsibility. There is no need to do anything to better the community if it is rotten to the core. The guilt of contributing to its apathy and decay is blown away by the winds of the coming Armageddon. Fools.

• ambersun
    ambersun

The JWs I know usually add the word 'wicked', i.e. "not long now until this wicked system of things is over- roll on the New System". Of course, this means they all continue to put their lives on hold until the New System comes, sacrificing their personal dreams and ambitions for the sake of peddling WT literature and attending brain washing sessions meetings.

Another word that really grates on my nerves as it is so derogatory is "worldly". Everyone is either a "brother/sister in The Truth" or "worldly". I recently overheard a JW talking about his employees. They were all either "in the Truth" or "worldly" and I don't think he realised how ridiculous it sounded. Very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit