London Ohio and Indianapolis Assemby Halls to be sold

by munchausen 50 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

WOW, I've been to that London assembly hall. That was in great shape. I was in the apartment above it--I think that's where the CO and his wife stays---it was beautiful. I always thought it was funny that they had a tiny museum that included the old cross and crown pins AND Russell's pyramid illustrations! They had this banner thing hanging with pyramid sketches that Russell designed to explain his prophecy. They also had publications that explained the pyramid theories, in a glass case and open for all to read.

NC

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I always thought it was funny that they had a tiny museum that included the old cross and crown pins AND Russell's pyramid illustrations! They had this banner thing hanging with pyramid sketches that Russell designed to explain his prophecy. They also had publications that explained the pyramid theories, in a glass case and open for all to read.

WOW! That all sounds like apostate or occult stuff to me!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes it is about money and power folks its a Kingdom after all, the imposing question is who does this kingdom belong to,

is really god's or is it power seeking opportunistic men who run this organization ?

If people could truthful see the millions in the Watchtower bank accounts they would come to realize

that it is publishing business at its core structure, complete with all its alluring and exploitive self professed doctrines.

Religion is a vehicle for mere mortal men to play god !

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Wow. I got baptized at the London hall. I remember being so happy that day. *sigh*

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm starting to think a lot of you guys aren't too far away from me.

NC

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Let em' keep spending that money. Love it.

MTM

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Yes they do have those things there at that assy. hall.

More shocking still is that a few of the elders that went there have private collections.

One brings old pictures to the counter of a hall that he is visiting.

Another has a private museum above his man-cave, big screen TV-room in a two story garage.

Please forgive my source, he did a drive-by; the garage door was up on football day!

• Quendi
    Quendi

At the time I was being disfellowshipped, the Society was pressing the Witnesses in the Denver metropolitan area to buy land and build an Assembly Hall on it. Several parcels were being considered, but I don't know what has become of the project. Maybe someone here can share that information. The cost of the Denver project was projected at $7-8 million. I will say that an Assembly Hall is needed by the Witnesses here. Scheduling circuit assemblies and SADs is getting more difficult, and so a Witness-owned facility would make that much easier. Where will the money and labor come from? Well, we all know the answer to that question, but I also think that somehow the Society will get title to the Hall and the land it will stand on. I'm just glad I don't have anything to do with these people anymore.

And can somebody answer this question since we're talking about Assembly Halls? Back in the late seventies, Jehovah's Witnesses purchased an old high school in Bessemer, Alabama and remodeled it into the Alabama Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. Some years ago, while visiting family and friends in Birmingham, I heard rumors that the Witnesses were thinking of selling the building. Did that ever come to pass? I also have heard stories that the Society is thinking of selling the Jersey City Assembly Hall. Is there any truth to that?

Quendi

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Who gets to see the real Accounts for this process, who audits to see that no $$$ are siphoned off ?

It's a religion in the USA. Nobody sees anything.

They're going to make good money on this exchange. The estimated cost of building stuff is done in Borg-dollars. These aren't quite like real dollars. They include things like the full retail price of materials even if they are donated for free or bought at a discount, the cost of labor even when it is provided for free, the cost of meals for workers even when they are provided by volunteers, and things like that.

Say they get $4M for each of the halls they sell, and the cost of the new hall is only around 3/4 of what they claim (and it is probably even less than that). You're looking at more than a $2M profit.

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is maddening. Here's a practicall scenario that would build so much goddamn loyalty to this religion(corporation):

- Sell the old ASS halls. now you have $8m PLENTY of cash to do the following.

- Through the RBC, find qualified skilled brothers that are out of work and give them (AT LEAST) special pioneer status for working 30 hrs a week at the ASS hall.

- Now you have these brothers and their families that are SO grateful for SOME kind of help! How much more loyal would they be and you could make a big sick PR piece on TV and the internet about it and about how wonderful your freaking corporation/cult is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit