London Ohio and Indianapolis Assemby Halls to be sold

by munchausen 50 Replies latest jw friends

• munchausen
    munchausen

Announce was made this week that the Assembly Halls in London, Ohio and Indianapolis Indiana will be sold and a new 3000 seat assembly hall will be built in southwest Ohio. The assembly hall in London Ohio was built in the 70's and is in fine shape - nothing wrong with it. The new one will cost around 8-9 million.

My take is that this is their way of raising funds. Sell property, build new with free labor and donations, then sell again. I do know this, all the window-washers in these parts are going to have a tough time coming up with 8 million.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Borg must have buyers lined up already. I can't see them trusting the real estate market in this economy.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Seems they are consolidating multiple congs into one KH in many places. With the elimiation of the Bookstudy, KHs can be used more effectively by several congs. Each auditorium can easily handle 3-4 congs. Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri nites for TMS/SerMtg and Sunday meetings at 9:00, 11:30; 2:00, & 5:00 (or move one to Sat afternoon or evening).

Guess the same plan in effect for AssmHalls. Let's send them all to Cincinnati !

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Still making that money! If you were to try to find a BIGGER HOME for yourself and family, they'd look at it as something that's not "necessary"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Truly, we are living in the last days!

• designs
    designs

Nice when you can buy and sell Real Estate without paying Capital Gains

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Around 2007 the Society reassigned several Cong's that have gone to London since the seventies.

Elders of the affected areas signed partitions, but were counseled sternly by Bethel.

This shows forethought and silence on the part of the far, far away... GB.

• wobble
    wobble

Who gets to see the real Accounts for this process, who audits to see that no $$$ are siphoned off ? The Elders? don't make me laugh, I have seen the glazed look in their eyes as soon as accounts are even mentioned.

Surely the poor suffering rank and file will only be asked to finance the difference?

You may see a lot of silent protest in the form of not donating as much, if anything, from those who don't go along with this.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You may see a lot of silent protest in the form of not donating as much,...

If the R&F don't contribute enough at the CirAssm or SpecAssmDay, the circuit just sends a bill to each cong for the difference.

• designs
    designs

DOC-

Interesting, they've become bill collectors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit