Where is Farkle?

by God_Delusion 33 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Well I certainly don't enjoy his nasty (recent) comments e.g. certain posters are fucking arseholes.

There is never a reason to use such neanderthal language...None period.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Seeing my Father die of COPD last year, I know how debilitating and painful a severe lung disease can be. I can also understand how knowing that you are dying can result in an intolerance for fools and idiots.

Farkle has contributed more to this group than almost anyone else I can think of - just read his archives.

Yes he is forthright and extremely rude at times, but as has been said on many occasion on here, if you don't like it don't read it.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

but as has been said on many occasion on here, if you don't like it don't read it.

Very difficult when he storms in on decent threads

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've known Farkel longer than you all combined and he doesn't see anything wrong with calling people "idiots" and worse, just because he can. Such rudeness is not necessary but has been tolerated by Simon for some reason. I'm sure if any of us tried to get away with his abuse we'd be kicked out ASAP.

So, I don't see the need to throw him any platitudes or be compassionate for a condition which was self-inflicted. I don't wish ill upon anyone but I am yet to see why he needs to be treated with kid gloves when he's not interested in treating others kindly.

• wobble
    wobble

I like to treat people by the standards I hold to, kind and compassionate.

I do not sink down to theirs if they are lower than mine.

Why should I ?

And I do agree that his language has left much to be desired, especially of late, but he has never been one to "suffer fools gladly".

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The trouble with Farkel is that he'll call anyone a fool, regardless of it they deserve it. He'll use abusive language simply because he feels like it.

He's a verbal abuser and this shouldn't be tolerated. I agree, Wobble, not to go down to his level, hence you haven't seen any name-calling from me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Broken Promises and Doof Daddy, I like you more with each passing day.

Syl

• nugget
    nugget

I miss Farkle. COPD is dreadful and it takes a great deal of courage to live with this condition each day. However the disease is contracted it should not affect the level of compassion someone is entitled to. When you are in good health it is easy to say what people should and should not do. Illness does not make people happy, jolly or patient. I prefer to worry about how I talk to others rather than focus on how other people may express themselves.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Illness does not make people happy, jolly or patient.

Farkel was abusive and nasty long before he got sick.

• scotoma
    scotoma

I've read most of Farkel's stuff. So, he was a curmudgeon. That's the way he is. He is fiercely independent. Unfortunately we all start out life dependent and end it even more dependent. He gave some significant time in his life to the possibility that JW's had the "truth". And then he rigorously pursued an understanding of the fallacies and tricks people use to deceive themselves. At some point that is a very frustrating path.

He is a skilled muscian and I hope he can still play. Music is also very logical and probably the ideal outlet for someone of his temperament.

Good luck Farkel. You need luck NOT prayers. And nothing could make you happier than to see people at their mean spirited best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit