Why doesn't God just take a vote?

by Terry 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    Why doesn't God just take a vote?
    Because for God to allow a vote would mean he believes in Democracy - and I am pretty sure he rules by Totalitarianism.

Well, he's doing a shitty job. Instead of revealing himself and removing all doubt that he might not exist, or care, he hides in the Pleiades somewhere allowing everyone down here to argue and bitch over whether he's really there or listening.

If he truly is a dictator, expecting total obedience, then he'd make it easier for himself...and us... by just exerting some of his power. Poking out of a cloud once in awhile and smiting an evildoer would do the trick.

If, OTOH, he were a benevolent ruler, wishing that we'd serve him but allowing freedom of choice, he would have more worshippers willing to serve, if he would just show up once in awhile and show his love for his creation. Averting a tsunami or hurricane would do the trick.

If children were allowed to raise themselves without parental guidance, how many would turn out as responsible adults? The odds are against it, even if a slight few make it. But children who are loved and given guidance have a better chance at being responsible, mature adults.

If God is our father, how can expect us to mature as human beings if we're all latch key kids with no parental supervision?

• trevor
    trevor

If ‘God’ were to ask for a vote from his heavenly throne, the need for belief would be obsolete. The whole God thing is a test of people’s belief or gullibility depending on your view point.

Take away the need for belief and ‘God’ vanishes like a dream. Without the need for belief or faith there is no test to be passed and without a test how can anyone be proved worthy? Ah! There’s the rub!

If on the other hand, we see ‘God’ as an impersonal force at work throughout the universe, rather than a being, the universe becomes ‘God’s voice’ and no belief or voice form heaven is required.

• sir82
    sir82

If God is our father, how can expect us to mature as human beings if we're all latch key kids with no parental supervision?

Hey, he sent the elders of the JW congregation for that!

Disfellowshipping = time out

cleaning the kingdom hall = chores

Time slip = report card

Etc.

• Terry
    Terry

I think the simplicity of the question confronts people with a direct conflict.

God could Get er done without dragging His mighty heels.

The "why doesn't God just take a vote?" question gets rid of the need for theology, interpretation, error and misunderstanding.

That doesn't sit well with churchy, spiritual people.

If God wanted something done, He'd do it.

Instead, we have guessing games and impenetrable holy books, priests and redactors, translators and explainers.

A VOTE would bypass PROCESS.

Why are religious people addicted to PROCESS rather than accomplishment?

• tec
    tec

I must be tired or something today. I still don't know what you want a vote on? Are you with me or against me kind of thing? Or a do you believe in me kind of thing?

Peace,

Tammy

• unshackled
    unshackled

Tammy....American Idol, of course.

• dgp
    dgp

Terry, do you mean that theologians and governing body members, for example, would be out of a job?

• Joliette
    Joliette

OMG I think this is the most funny thread I've read on this website!!!!

I'm peeing in my pants!!!!

Why wont Jehovah do a vote???

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Why are religious people addicted to PROCESS rather than accomplishment?

Because you can get to B without traveling to B.

For many it is the journey and not the destination.

God has always been about the WHY and not the HOW.

Personally I am glad that God doesn't come crashing into our lives like a "drive by shooting", that he waist fo US to come to Him.

But I can understand how that frustrates so many people, why not get it done and over, right?

Why not make the statement beyond all statements and clear up any and all doubts?

Careful what you wish for...

• Joliette
    Joliette

I SOOOO agree with the author of this thread.

If Jehovah is all power, all merciful, all forgiving, then a vote would be good.

Also a revised version of the bible wouldnt hurt either since people have evolved over the past 2,000 plus years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit