Why doesn't God just take a vote?

by Terry 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Wouldn't a loud voice from heaven asking for a show of hands pretty much do away with the need for the preaching/evangelizing work?

Why is this a stupid question?

No, seriously!

• watson
    watson

Well, then worship would no longer be based on faith, but on reality. God isn't ready for that. Many more millions have to die. That's the only think I can think of..

• dgp
    dgp

It's not a stupid question. It would have the advantage that:

1) No one could deny there is a God.

2) No one would have to make convoluted (and false) alegations about what his name is.

3) People who went to Hell (sheol, Hades, whatever) would actually CHOOSE to go there. All others would know what they are choosing, too, and they could use their minds and hearts to live in the Brave Happy New World that would ensue.

4) The righteous could sleep on Saturday mornings.

5) Satan the Devil wouldn't be on the loose, doing God's dirty work.

• jay88
    jay88

According to "Apostle Paul" the Big "G" is evident in creation.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

If a booming voice out of the sky that sounds like James Earl Jones on steroids went, "I am who I am", first after cleaning my underwear and collecting my composure, I'd promptly do whatever HE wants at that point. Until then, the jury is still deliberating.

• sir82
    sir82

This seems somehow appropriate here:

Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy
    written by Douglas Adams

The Book: The Babel fish is small, yellow, leechlike, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centers of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the NON-existence of God.

The argument goes like this:

`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.

`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, "Well, That about Wraps It Up for God."

Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ GB would have to Vote..

On Whether God could take a Vote or not..

Until then Gods hands are tied..God wouldn`t have a Job without the WBT$..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

Take a vote on what?

• sd-7
    sd-7

I think that would make more sense. Most parents do actually talk to their children. We don't have to have faith that we have a mom and dad, most of us, because we've seen and talked to them. That isn't too much to ask for a so-called God of love.

I think the vote would go like:

God: "Hi. I'm God. I made all this stuff, including you. That being said, I'm thinking I'd like to run the show. Who's on my team, show of hands? Okay, you guys, step over here. Everyone else, go to hell. That is all."

--sd-7

• simon17
    simon17

maybe we can vote oh who should rule: god man or satan... that would eliminate many needless delays

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit