Danish article about shunning. Very interesting.

by worried 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worried
    worried

Hi.

I just found a danish article in "jyllands posten" (yea, the ones who printed drawings of muhammed once)

I hope that my translation is ok, otherwise, please tell me if there is somewhere you dont understand it.

Jehovahs Witnesses to be investigated

Members are encouraged by the leaders, to cease contact with those leaving the society.

The management of jehovahs witnesses constantly encourage and guide the 14.500 members in Denmark, to break contact with individuals who leave the religion.

This is what the support group for formers jehovahs witnesses is accusing of.

Experienced it

»It is not merely a claim from our side. As former jehovahs witnesses we have experienced it from inside – and seen what happens when you break out« Says the support group's chairman Poul Dal.

He is a former »elder« in Jehovah's witnesses, as the forerunners of the religion are called. Poul Dal refers to the July edition of the religion's magazine "the watchtower", where the apostates are descriped as "mentally ill"

»Jehovahs Witnesses is a very conceit society. a lot of the members end up married to each other, and a lot being related to each other. That is why it has tremendous consequenses for the individual, who chooses to leave the society. You cant just leave Jehovah's witnesses and join the danish church or another religion. You will be shunned, and your friends, acquaintances and family within the society will be told to avoid contact with you« he says.

Spokesperson denies

The spokesperson for jehovah's witnesses in Denmark, Erik Jørgesen, denies that apostate members are considered mentally ill.

»But in the perspective of following the correct teachings, they have a sick perception of things. And the bible clearly shows, how we should view apostates.« Says Erik Jørgensen

Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching in Denmark since the 1890's, but were not accepted as a religion before 1970.

That happened in connection with the introduction of a new marriage legislation, where Jehovah's Witness were allowed to administer weddings.

Meanwhile Jehovah's witnesses - quite surprisingly - were accepted as a religious society, and achieved a number of tax advantages. Today we have a special guidance for approval of religious societies, where a number of criteria must be met. In these guidelines it is stated (among other things) that it is regarded a prerequisite, that approved religions like the general society, respect human rights, especially freedom of religion and belief, including the right to change religion, or to choose to not associate with a religion.

»Jehovah's witnesses does not meet these requirements« is the opinion of Poul Dal, head of support group for former Jehovah's witnesses.

Political processing

Spokesperson of churches Per Bisgaard, is going to present the case to the legal comittee, and the church comittee. While "de radikales" spokesperson of churches Bente Dahl because of the accusations, have raised a question regarding paragraph 20, to the minister of justice Lars Barfoed.

Bente Dahl requests an answer to, whether there is enough documentation, to prove that jehovah's witnesses today meets the current requirements, as an approved religious society.

(this is where it gets real interesting)

»As politicians, we are not to mendle with peoples private, social relations. But if the leaders of a religious society recommends, that its members should avoid contact and association with persons, who leave the society, we have a serious problem« Bente Dahl states.

The minister of justice Lars Barfoed do not wish to comment the case, before he have given an answer to the parliament.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean that Denmark is going to be an even more harder place for the WTB? It is not an easy country to run a religion in. It is also often regarded as the most difficult country to preach in, as people generally dont care about religion.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I like it.

I feel any group/organization that employs BITE control should be illegal.

The Watchtower violates these four fundamental human rights:

1. The right to complete and truthful Information

2. The right to Think about and analyze that information autonomously

3. The right to feel whatever emotions one feels without fear or repercussions

4. The right to choose one's own behaviors based upon thoughtful analysis of that complete and truthful information, in a way that produces real, positive feelings of joy and friendship - and unconditional love

The Watchtower's biggest crime is the way they violate those four basic human rights consistently and persistently as a mechanism to mentally - and to an extent physically - enslave members of the Jehovah's Witness religion.

• dgp
    dgp

Worried, would you post the link?

»As politicians, we are not to mendle with peoples private, social relations. But if the leaders of a religious society recommends, that its members should avoid contact and association with persons, who leave the society, we have a serious problem« Bente Dahl states.

Exactly.

• pallemar
    pallemar

WT are a aproven religion in denmark, this gives them some tax reliese, from ground taxes and so on.

https://www.borger.dk/Emner/samfund-og-rettigheder/kirke-og-tro/Sider/anerkendte-trossamfund.aspx

We have been a bit confusen on, how they have gotten this status in Denmark, so Bille startet to researh, and found out, they have to follow the Human rigths to be aproven religion in denmark, this they clearly don't follow, on many fiels.

http://www.familiestyrelsen.dk/fileadmin/user_upload/Trossamfund/Vejledende_retningslinjer_trossamfund.pdf

and after the Movie " Worlds Apart " Poul Dal get contaktet from newspapers from time to time, and this time it was "Jyllands posten" and they made a long artikel about the supbjekt. and some politicians are now interested in reashearching this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY_8wNAX2Ek

http://jp.dk/indland/article2466168.ece

so now we are trying to find profes of how they recoment people to shun own famelies out, then the elders say so.

If WT lose this, I think JW have to pay 10 times more per moth, to be i JW, and they even have to remove some kingdom halls any way ;) and my hope is some wil baile out and say "nah to expensive" ;) one of the good things about a higth ground tax :p

any way the less WT get in monnie, the less they have to fund the mindkontrol ;) so it is a win win situation, if WT lose this.

here they are on tv 13 mins in, if you can see it in your region? http://www.dr.dk/DR1/Aftenshowet/Klip+fra+Aftenshowet/20101217143204.htm#/11983

• dgp
    dgp

Thanks, pallemar.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Interesting news from Denmark. Thank you "worried" and "pallemar" for sharing this.

BP, who is part Danish (the country, not the pastry, lol)

• worried
    worried

Hi.. Link to original article

http://jp.dk/indland/article2466168.ece

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I hope that Danish ex-JWs send their politicians the July 15, 2011 Watchtower about shunning; the 3/15/69, 11/15/70, 2/1/74, 3/15/99 Watchtowers about avoiding "Worldly" people; and any Watchtowers/Awake!/other WTBTS literature about Theocratic Warfare/Strategy. The WTBTS' stances on shunning for disagreeing with their doctrines, avoiding "Worldly" people, and lying to "Worldy" people should make any politician wonder about whether the WTBTS is a healthy religion or a distructive cult.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• ziddina
    ziddina

Woo Hoo!! I wish the ex-JWs great success!!

Of course, the Watchtower Society will be relying upon their COLLEGE-EDUCATED battalion of lawyers to defeat this little Danish problem...

Zid

• Gayle
    Gayle

The "To Verdener" "Worlds Apart" film has had quite an impact there. Yay!

At least the JW numbers are decreasing there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit