It's soooo hot!

by talesin 55 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD
    I felt addled for a month.

That's a good observation. The heat in the desert Southwest is "dry" which makes it more tolerable, but it also makes it more dangerous. People don't realize just how fast you can become dehydrated.

A ringing headache and feeling addled are two of the danger signs. I read stories like this at least every other year and it's very sad:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/54790987.html

• unshackled
  • talesin
    talesin

Snoozy -- how's the heat now? I see on the news that it's a big concern re crops .... AC ahhh

Hortensia --- 128?>>>>> I would be in the shade, with a wet tee shirt on .... careful!

TD -- yes, very dangerous ... I've had 'heat exhaustion' twice,, very sick and you always have to be careful afterwards, as it seems to upset your natural thermometer.

Unshackled --- mwah hahaha! gross

Well, we're on day 2 of our proposed heat wave,, it's not too bad today, but Friday and Sat are supposed to hover into the 30s ... stayin' home, foot up, tea in hand ..

Hoping ALL OF YOU are safe,,, don't underestimate the heat!!! and take care

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, Meeting Junkie ---- sorry, a bit of explanation, the FM doesn't like extreme heat (esp. w/ humidity) or extreme cold ,, and everyone's different. Each person needs to manage their FM individually .... it's a weird thing, because the central nervous system is involved, and the fascia of the whole body, and medicine well, basically, they know squat about it.

tal

• paladin
    paladin

Our night time temperature here in Southern Saskatchewan dropped down to 60F degrees last night. What a relief.

• talesin
    talesin

paladin - yes, that must be so refreshing --- trying to calculate the F : C in my head,,, good to hear you're getting some relief from the heat, from what I see on the news, it's been quite nasty (and horrible storms -- hail, tornadoes, what's up with that? -- stay safe!).

we've been dropping to 12 at night till this week,,,, I guess you sent your weather east. Naughty!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit