It's soooo hot!

by talesin 55 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

It's 27 degrees Celsius today = about 35 in my flat, which is about 95 degF for the Americans.

My friends in TX say it's been over 100 degF for about 2 months ... I don't have AC, but a fan on me ...

How do you deal with the heat?

t

* hot pix welcome on this thread *

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Air Conditioning!!!!

• sinis
    sinis

Hell, its 112/113 degrees here... and A/C can't keep up...

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, Texas is hot! I try to get up early if there is anything in the yard to do. (Which, by the way, is burning up)

In the afternoon, you simply can't go outside. The air conditioner is on 76, but the temperature in the house is 85 or so. I close the blinds and drapes to keep it cooler.

• talesin
    talesin

ah .. sooo!

yes, straightshooter, I used to have AC, but no more ... goddess I loved it!

sinis --- omg,,, *wilt*

quandry --- dunno what I would do! we only have a few weeks of that kinda weather here, and I ... just ... can't ... take it!

t

• sinis
    sinis

Take a cold shower every couple of hours or so, don't completely dry off and sit in front of a fan. Feels good for a while...

• PinkPajamasx
    PinkPajamasx

I guess I'm lucky. I live a couple of miles from the beach and we stay mid 60's all summer. We get the occaional heatwave during the winter though. It only lasts a day or two. I live in Port Hueneme, CA

• talesin
    talesin

sinis,,, yes, I do that, and thanks for the advice! lol,,, fibromyalgia makes me hate the heat ... and I hate FM!

Pink ... oh, I love SoCal ... visited once, it felt like home.

t

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

In my little corner of British Columbia, it can easily hit 35+ on any given summer day when the heat really hits. 27 degrees is just nice and temperate to me, tal, so I have a hard time seeing what you're complaining about. It's nice to be near a lake though...

V665V665

• talesin
    talesin

Vamp,,, are u in the mountains??? I get it, cause u have no humidity! makes puuuurrrfect sense.

xx

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit