It's soooo hot!

by talesin 55 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Empty --- I have done the mall/grocery store thing! bought 2 AC's last summer, and returned them cause they were crap, can't put one in the window here, need a floor model and they are fairly new on the market (thus, the 'crap' factor) ... hahaha,,, but, you are right, and the fan is working pretty good .. I want to get one for the window so it draws the air through my flat ... makes sense?

t

• snowbird
    snowbird

105 degrees Fahrenheit (too lethargic to convert to Celsius) here in Bama.

Even the chickens are quiet!

Drinking lots and lots of water, eating grapes and watermelon.

Syl

• talesin
    talesin

ugh,,, I feel sick just thinkin' about it, Snowy ... I've been to FLA and Stone Mountain, GA on the 4th, and it's like walking in water ... the heat and humidity ... glad you're taking it easy... and yes, the watermelon is v. hydrating! I have the green grapes,, how bout you?

t

• snowbird
    snowbird

Green grapes, chilled and then chilled some more!

LOL.

Tuna and chicken salads.

Too hot to cook.

Syl

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Swimming pool. Air conditioning. Movie theater. ...

But, it was in the 70s where I live. We are in our rainy season, thankfully. Cuts down on the heat.

Skeeter

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

It's 104 degrees here in Mineral Wells, Texas.

"Texas has 4 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas."

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ Sooner.

The same can be said of Alabama.

Syl

• talesin
    talesin

snowy,,, grapes are good frozen,, Believe it .. or NOT! :)

skeeter --- ahh, 70s is purr fect ,,, I love the rainy season in the Carribbean -- rains for 20 mins around 4 pm, then clears! yay

sooner -- Tx is havin' a drought,,, y'all are having 'extreme' summer this year, from what I hear.

t

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I dont mind heat. Then again it only gets into the 90s where I live.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

We're 110+. I try not to stay in my air conditioned house, office, or car as much as possible. If I have to do things around the house I do them at night. I try not to go outside unless I'll be in a body of water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit