Idle question about Abraham and Human Sacrifice

by corpusdei 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Zid, if I were a man, I'd kiss you! Thanks for the history lesson. I loved it."

Thanks, Robdar!! But to be perfectly honest - that was a pretty rough sketch of the situation.

Someday when I have more time - ha ha ha ha - I'll try to post a more complete version with references...

Though there is some interesting stuff on Wikipedia about the Philistines and Canaanites - the Philistines WERE "Canaanites" - lived in the southern area of Canaan, if I remember the article correctly...

Oh, and the Wikipedia article posited that the Philistines/Canaanites were the "Sea People" - but I've read elsewhere that other scholars believe that the "Sea People" were proto-Greeks, instead.

To be continued...

Zid

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Has LARS ever written a comment that

wasn't too large to read???

(I really refer to the OTHER kind of LARGE)

Even if he would have something meaningful to add, who the hell has the time to read any of those diatribes??

(Get him some Depakote)

EDITED TO ADD:

Then SULLA posts: Just wanna go on record as a big fan of the clitoris. I feel like I need to get that out there. Now you know; carry on.

Just proves my point, if I'd have known LARS (I suspect) was going to bring the clitoris into the conversation, I might have taken the time to stumble thru it all.

See there, LARS, notice how easily SULLA was able to catch the attention of a reader by being brief & to the point.

Perhaps, putting CLITORIS in all caps and in bold would have helped give attention to an exhastively long, unbearable post.

Or, maybe in RED: CLITORIS (Anything to make a post more interesting or eye-catching.)

[Stepping off of my soapbox.]

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's just another Biblical plot hole to add to the pile.

-Sab

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am very interested in the preexisting and current cultures of this time. Perhaps Abraham/Isaac repeats a myth from an earlier Middle Eastern culture. It would be interesting to see if JUng discussed this in terms of archetypes. Besides Jesus' crucifixion and the Flood, this story compels my attention and horror. We know the story so well, I should be numb. I'm not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit