I know I aint gunna crumble the WT, but a girl can dream!

by 3dogs1husband 72 Replies latest members meetups

• ziddina
    ziddina

I really like your idea, 3dogs1hubby... [Zid, who's sixcatsonedogthreehamsters - uh, I'm forgetting someone... Oh yeah!! One hubby who snores!!]

Anyhoo... But unfortunately, most well-trained JWs would run like the devil - er, FROM the devil - if presented with that idea...

That is an idea for FULLY awake JWs - and unfortunately, it seems to be VERY difficult discerning which JWs are actually mentally 'awake' or 'out' - and which ones are prone to 'relapses'...

There's another thread on here, somewhere, about recognizing others who are mentally 'out'... But I think it had to do with a secret signal, or secret handshake, or wearing yellow ties on the same day, or something like that...

My point is this; since there are so many 'active' - socially controlled - JWs who are prone to report 'independent thinkers' to a Judicial Committee, it would be difficult determining who you can trust...

Jes' my two cents worth...

Zid the She-Devil

• The Finger
    The Finger

3dogs1husband,

I apologize for posting this on your thread but I feel a need to answer DJeggnog and I did not want to start another thread I hope you don't mind.

Djeggnog,

@The Finger wrote:

I cant speak for other people. The reason I quote is to show what those who claim to be anointed want preached. If we don't preach it it will cost us our salvation.

I don't believe God wants us to preach false teachings.

If you include quotations in your posts here from our older publications that you believe to contain false teachings in them, then wouldn't you yourself be guilty of preaching the same false teachings that you claim to believe God disapproves? Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you are saying here, especially this part: "If we don't preach it[,] it will cost us our salvation."

You said this to me on another thread.

“I'm going to tell you sternly that just as necessity if laid upon me to preach the good news of the kingdom of God, it is also laid upon every dedicated brother and sister in Christ to be declaring the good news fully, not just the parts of it that may be convenient for you, all of the counsel of God." Even if you should do so against your will, a stewardship has been entrusted to you just the same, for woe to you, @The Finger, if you should not now be declaring the good news”

“Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose” (1959). Preaching the Good News a Commission for All. Chapter 5.

On page 29 under the subheading “Anointed to Preach”

“That same year an article called “Anointed to Preach” appeared in the Watchtower under the caption text of Isaiah 61:1…Pastor Russell opens the article by explaining that, according to Luke 4:18, Jesus quoted this prophecy , and applied it to himself and his work. He then shows that one reason for this anointing was to supply authorization from God to preach (Italics mine)

Page 30.

“We were not called, nor anointed to receive honor and amass wealth, but to spend and be spent, and to preach the good news…”

“And, in calling on others to recognize their own responsibilities, he was ready to give them assistance. They already knew what to say from reading the Watch Tower. Now he set about giving counsel on how to say it…”

“Present first the Restitution and the beauties of God’s unfolding plan”

What was this plan?

Page 31.

“After many difficulties the first one appeared in 1886 as Volume 1 of the promised series. This is the one we spoke of earlier. It was first called “The Plan of the Ages” and later “The Divine Plan of the Ages.” It proved to be one of the finest instruments the Society had yet brought forth in spreading the good news,” (italics mine)

This “Divine Plan of the Ages” Page 42

“Nor should any doubt the fact that the forty years of “harvest” began in the fall of 1874”

“Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose” Page 37

“Russell, believing that the glorified Jesus became invisibly present in 1874,..”

The point I’m making is that these anointed felt they had authorization from God to preach 1874 as the return of Christ and the harvest began in 1874.

This was false.

Had you lived then Djeggnog you would no doubt have counselled me.

“ it is also laid upon every dedicated brother and sister in Christ to be declaring the good news fully, not just the parts of it that may be convenient for you, but I mean that you are charged by God as His steward to whom His word has been entrusted with declaring all of it, all of the counsel of God." Even if you should do so against your will,”

Also in this “Divine Plan of the Ages” page 162.

“For God has evidently designed the permission of evil for six thousand years, as well as that the cleansing and restitution of all shall be accomplished during the seventh thousand”

“God’s Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing for man’s good” (1974)

Has a small picture of the “Chart of the Ages” Taken from the “Divine Plan of the Ages” and goes on to show how the end of 6000 years of the 7 th creative day will end in 1975 and Gods eternal purpose will be accomplished during the 7 th thousand year period.

The Watchtower of August 15 th 1974 Page 507 in the footnote

"In 1943 the Watch Tower Society's book "The Truth Shall Make You Free" did away with the nonexistent extra 100 years in the period of the Judges and place the end of 6,000 years of man's existence in the 1970's. It also fixed the beginning of Christ's presence , not in 1874, but in 1914 C.E.

These teachings that originated in the time of Russel have been a thread through many years. Many have left Christ because of them. 1975 can be traced back to the 1874 false teaching. As can the generation that will not pass away.

Djeggnog.

By my posting of these or any other quotations from the Watchtower Publications I do not feel

guilty of preaching the same false teachings”

As you ask

“Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you are saying here, especially this part: "If we don't preach it[,] it will cost us our salvation."

And you said to me earlier on a thread.

“I mean that you are charged by God as His steward to whom His word has been entrusted with declaring all of it, all of the counsel of God.” Even if you should do so against your will,”

These things were false that the “anointed” wanted preached and no I won’t preach false things.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

HAHAHA Violia I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fader Flu!!!!! yes we just need a date. :) Zid I totatly get you point...and I wasnt so much thinking of to many ideas like "wear yellow", but like stay home (or go out celebrate) and miss the meeting, and those of us "out" could maybe be more active...either in celebrating or in anti witnessing.

Finger I just dont want to add to the eggnog convo, and i get you didnt want to start a new thread, and wanted to finish a point..... however I have to say for the record I ask everyone to stop posting of topic comments.......but I have no control over this board, eventhough I do feel the spirit of this topic wasnt to feed a troll. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit