I have other sheep, which are not of this fold

by TimothyT 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik
    There are probably more, but that's what I have generally known as the linear, connect the dots quasi-papal-hybrid guess, a first read topical predictable "solution".

Translation = I don't know jack shit apart from what my cult leaders have pile-driven under my cell door.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I especially like how numbersandletters ignored/clipped the verses in Revelation that clearly show the great crowd in heaven.

(Oh crap, now he's going to have to post all about how "before the throne" means on earth; that's ok, we're ready for him/her.)

• Honesty
    Honesty

numbersandletters is all over TOPIX.

We are glad he makes an everyday appearance because there is no way former JW's can make the stuff up he posts.

He drives a lot of Bible Studies, lurkers and interested ones AWAY from the JW cult.

They read his posts and realise that what they have been told about JW's is right.

They are just plumb crazy.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I don't like repeating myself, and I don't like posting more than one or two times in one thread, but I feel the need to repeat what I posted earlier in this thread since "Letters&Numbers" just proved my point.

This is another example of something so simple, yet the WT convolutes its meaning and turns it into the most absurd and retarded interpretation for selfish reasons.

• Essan
    Essan

Numbersandletters said: " Not at first, at first the bible plainly describes a difference.

They WILL BECOME ONE... "

No they won't. One will be human, on the earth forever. The other will be spirit rulers of the Kingdom, in heaven, forever. NOT ONE. Not "one flock". Not now, not ever.

There is a simple, virtually immediate, totally complete explanation, in which the "other sheep" are gentiles, who joined the Jews as Christians very shortly after Jesus death, who truly became one "one faith, one hope, one baptism", "one calling", "one body". One everything and so COMPLETELY fit and fulfill Jesus words.

Or there is Rutherford's explanation, dreamed up 1900 years later to bolster his falling literal 144,000 doctrine. In which the other sheep are a type of Christian not mentioned EVER in the NT. Who are radically different to the "little flock" in almost every way, and are destined to not even exist on the same planet! Yet you think this is the required explanation for other sheep who become "One flock" with the "Little flock"?

It makes no sense.

It especially makes no sense to reject a simple explanation which completely fulfills Jesus words in every way, for a convoluted one, suddenly revealed to a drunk fraud 1900 years after the fact, which doesn't fulfil Jesus words because they DON"T become "one flock" but stay radically different.

You're hopeless.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Are you an DJEggnogg involved in a homosexual relationship with one another? You two remind me of some married couples who start to resemble one another after being together for so long. Long, drawn out posts which make exactly zilch sense, and yet you continue to pontificate the most irrational nonsense and then get indignant when other posters reach the only reasonable conclusion that you're retarded.

• Essan
    Essan

Ok, let's try another angle seeing as straightforward is too challenging for you.

What prevents the Gentiles being the fulfillment of Jesus words regarding "Other Sheep"?

I know, I know, as far as your concerned there is another explanation blah blah, but I'm not talking about that. Aside from your opinion that the Scripture has a fulfillment beginning in the mid 20th century, What PREVENTS the Gentiles from being the fulfillment of the "Other Sheep", beginning in the 1st century? What DISALLOWS this simple interpretation? What about that interpretation is NOT POSSIBLE? What INTERNAL problem is there with that interpretation, or how would it contradict any other Scripture?

I know you think it isn't true because you think you have another explanation, but why CAN'T it be true.

Hmm?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

You know something, I was out of line with that post, and I apologize, sincerely. Carry on 20571pnt428751, you've thrown the hot coals onto my head sucessfully, as I was way out of line. By the way, out of curiosity, what's the history behind your screen name?

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Im VERY confused! I see little logic here in these posts!

Ive tried to read them and understand them, but a simple response would have been more logical.

I appreciated the first few posts. They made sense.

To numbersandletters: Thanks for your input but it seems a little complex. You tied in lots of things from all sorts of places in the bible. How do we know if they link together like that? Im very serious about this question by the way, but I dont undestand your posts. Sorry!

Thanks people! :D

Timmy xxx

• sizemik
    sizemik

You know what I mean. Who has the time?

Yes lettersandnumbers . . . I appreciate it takes all your time to keep up with the ever-changing new light shone forth by the "little flock". To understand what mainstrean Christianity teaches is unnecessary anyway once you have the truth . . . I understand all that. It also makes it far easier to thread otherwise unrelated bible verses into your own private rosary . . . I understand that too.

Are you an DJEggnogg involved in a homosexual relationship with one another?

Not quite that closeted I think Miz . . . although I will stand corrected. I did hear a rumour that DJ was running a private ministry school for internet prosyletising . . . I think lettersandnumbers is hear on a field trip. He's certainly scoring A+++ for extended length masquerading as force of argument. Once the jewel-eating dog metaphor makes it's appearance . . . we'll know for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit