"Offer for July" - what should i do???

by Lied2NoMore 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Essan
    Essan

Ah, interesting. Thanks. I was just intrigued that they 'retracted' something. I wondered where and how. They rarely admit mistakes.

Doesn't surprise me that they still knowingly peddle their "mistakes" to the public though. They're been doing that for 100 years.

PS. (If it's not already too late) Why not do the item but make it clear to the congregation that the brochure contains a mistaken claim that has been retracted and imply that the honest thing to do would be to let the householder know this? LOL.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

a recent sevice meeting part on doing research made mention of how they did research to correct this error, i sat there thinking ho hypocritical! they should have done the research BEFORE making the error

• moshe
    moshe
    has the flawed statement about a large sized spiderweb stopping a jumbo jet mid-flight

But, just maybe, it could happen, theoretically speaking- - chill out, it's all garbage in the WT publications, so stop stressing about one detail.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    they did research to correct this error,

Why would they even have to do research for this? A spiderweb stopping a jumbo jet in flight, yes, that sounds plausible!

But this is the same group who once published some nonsense about diseases not being caused by germs.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

There must be something that you at least half-way agree with in that brochure. Home in on that. It'll only be a 10 min. item, yes? Can you get the audience to do all the work? Is a demo. going to pad it out?

If not, and you're wanting to be deleted as a MS anyway, become unreliable with your assignments - starting with this one. Think of a plausible excuse - some last minute emergency/delay/stomach upset/whatever. Is it the long, drawn-out or quick rip bandaid method you're going for?

P.S. The WTS have retracted the spiderweb thing? If it isn't in writing, if it isn't recorded, the 'retraction' aint worth squat ;-)

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

to recall an illustration: if i poured you a tall cool glass of water then dipped my finger into it right after dipping it into toilet water, would you still want to drink it? this illustration was just used in our sunday PT to disqualify false teachings of "christendom" same principal should be applicable to WTS publications / teachings....am i still being too picky?

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

i have this sort of evil bent on doing some damage but am fighting it off...went to KH this PM to check brochure stock to see if there had been a revised release. almost grabbed entire stack and threw them in trash...also kind of fantasize about carting out THE "secret file cabinet" and busting it open to view all confidential files....also want to put a listening device in KH back room...am i too far out of line?????

• Essan
    Essan

Lied2nomore, you sound like the Tyler Durden of your congregation. If you want to go out with a bang, why not?

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

had to google tyler durden.......never saw fight club...maybe have to watch it now

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I recommend that you give the part, so over the top that it is embarassing. Make up you own references proving that a spider web could stop the earth in its rotation around the sun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit