"Offer for July" - what should i do???

by Lied2NoMore 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

i have the service mtg part tonight..."the offer for july" which is the "was life created" brochure which has the flawed

statement about a large sized spiderweb stopping a jumbo jet mid-flight. the society has offered a retraction of the

statement but should i........

A: use the 10 mins to tell everyone to dispose of the brochure and NOT offer it EVER.

B: Tell COBY i can't do part due to conscience issues with offering a publication with flawed facts?

vote now! 2/3 majority wins!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Need to know the desired "end" before we discuss the "means".

What's your goal?

om

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

i want to be deleted as a servant and fade again

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

If you're planning on fading, option A is NOT a good choice to consider. Personally, I think you should consider an option C, which would be suck it up, and do the part rather than putting it on another individual at the last minute. I hate when people try shoving their parts onto others at the last minute. After this part, approach the COBOE about your doubts as of late, and your need to step down and back in order to get yourself back in order spiritually. Be careful how much you spill to him however, that's how I almost screwed up royally. Surprised that brother didn't burn me.

• sir82
    sir82

If that's your goal, best course would be to blow off the assignment with no advance notice.

Afterward, tell the COBE you're really sad / sick / depressed / whatever.

The combination of a needy publisher with vague unpleasant issues, together with a servant who just creates more work for everyone else, ought to get you off the list soon.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

actually i am appalled and dismayed that they are asking 7 million to distribute something which has at least one flawed "fact" they have had plenty of time to retract this as the "offer for july" but didnt..........makes me think they just want to liquidate inventory and offer a revision...should be telling all to dispose of it....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I wouldn't do the item, but I would make sure the elders knew that BEFORE the meeting even starts and preferably at least several hours BEFORE the meeting so someone else can fill in.

I wouldn't go into details just say you "aren't feeling up to it", if pressed could say a little, but to get into specifics will go against you. After this tell them you don't want to be MS anymore, so this doesn't happen again.

Sometimes though it is actually EASIER to get on and do the item than it is to try and get out of it.

• Essan
    Essan

Sorry to go off on a tangent.....but the Society claimed a large spidersweb could stop a plane in flight....then retracted this claim?

Can anyone elaborate on this rather weird story? First I've heard of it.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

yep they took a statement from someone supposedly a "researcher" who made the claim the recently retracted it saying the source was unreliable. said they no-longer will reference that "fact" but they have no problem passing out a brochure which still has the mistaken "fact" without credit for its source so it looks as if they are stating it as fact...PM me for more details if needed.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

*** lc p. 16 Who Designed It First? ***

? Natural product: Orb-weaving spiders produce seven types of silk. The sturdiest, known as dragline silk, is lighter than cotton yet, ounce for ounce, is stronger than steel and tougher than Kevlar. If enlarged to the size of a football field, a web of dragline silk 0.4 inch [1 cm] thick with strands 1.6 inches [4 cm] apart could stop a jumbo jet in flight! Spiders produce dragline silk at room temperature, using water as a solvent.

[Picture]

Microscopic view of spider silk being secreted

[Credit Line]

Copyright Dennis Kunkel Microscopy, Inc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit