I DONT want their help! :D

by TimothyT 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hello people,

Despite the advice given here, i thought it only fair to tell the elders that are calling me to 'help me' with my sexuality, that I DONT want their help! Yesterday one called.

He told me that he and another elder would like to speak with me to find out what the situation is. I told him that it has nothing to do with anyone. I said this is a VERY sensitive area and the brother who told him was BANG out of order! He asked again if we could meet as its important to protect the congregation if there is a problem. Again, I made it very clear that i DO NOT want calls and I will not talk. Before I said goodbye, he sounded quite sad about it. I thanked him for his concern and told him that now he knows where he stands. He said: "But i dont though." I said: "You know where I stand!"

So, now, we shall see what happens. If I get any more calls I will be annoyed! This morning I told my brother that I am gay and he was cool with it. Funnily enough... he read my original post here 3 months ago and knew it was me. Didnt know he was a regular here! Hehe! He also hinted at the fact that my dad will also be cool with it. I also recieved a text from the brother who outed me saying that he has been anxious to hear from me. WHAT THE HELL?

Anyway, Im glad that i stood up for myself. Feeling good! I hope that im left alone now so I can get on with enjoying myself.

Ill keep you informed!

Timmy xxx

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Just say NO!

good for you

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

WTG TT!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Sounds like YOU are the one who's in control now Tim . . .

They won't like that . . . and won't see it that way . . . oh dear . . . poor them.

It's likely you will be contacted again though . . . just keep doing what you're doing.

We're proud of you . . . you're doing good.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Way to take control from them Tim - well done!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Well done, TT! Don't give in to them and don't acknowledge their authority in any way. Stay in control of the game and keep doing things on your terms, not theirs!

V665V665

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

The sad part is, JWs are so ignorant that they actually believe they can help you change your mind about your decision to be homosexual. They want to sit down with you and show you some scriptures about the wrong path you've chosen, so you can adjust your thinking. They'll pray with you and talk to you until you get it out of your head and start liking girls again.

Perhaps you watched too many episodes of Will and Grace and it's the worldly influences you've been exposed to that have pushed you toward this. Or maybe too much masturbation (which the 2/15/1976 Watchtower warns on page 14 is stepping stone to homosexuality) has brought you to this point.

Regardless of the reasons you opted for this lifestyle, the way to fix it is to study more Watchtower literature and get out in the preaching work, more. That will make you forget all about following the world and get you back to the straight man every male is born as, before you adopted this position.

Since it's mostly sisters engaging in the ministry, you'll probably find a nice, mature one that will dissuade you of your silly notion to be gay. They will check her publisher records to make sure she's spiritually sound, for you; as it's a simple matter of crunching the numbers on her monthly reports.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good job, Timothy. Don't let them bully you.

• nugget
    nugget

Timothy the elder made it clear what the agenda was. 2 elders means 2 witnesses means JC. The fact he used the expression about protecting the congregation means that you are seen as a potential threat. The wheels are in motion but as your family accepts you for how you are it doesn't matter what they think or say. Why should someone who is attracted to other men be a threat to the congregation? They want you to conform whether this is the best thing for you or not and whether it would be harmful to you or not. You gave him nothing but he will be back.

As regards your friend he has betrayed a confidence but wants things to be ok between you despite the potential embarrassment and humiliation he may cause you to suffer. This blind obedience is despicable and petty but he is controlled by them and that part should be pitied.

You are already mentally free to live your life and start anew don't look back.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I must disagree with the title of this thread, my dear. Instead it should read, "I don't need their help!"...LOL! Congrats on your new found freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit