"this system is in such a financial crisis now! You can see the time is ripe for the end to come!"

by highdose 41 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

So said a JW to me recently. They claimed that:

1)never before in the history of the world has there been another financial crisis like this!

2) that the financial crisis will cause armargeddon because the goverments of the world will get strapped for cash and will look around to see where they could get more. Then they will see that Christindom has all the cash and then they will plunder Christindom to get their wealth for themselves thus fullfilling the profecy of revalation and starting armargeddon off!

Comments please?

• ChainedNoLonger
    ChainedNoLonger

It always scared me when things like this would happen. Every report of a bad storm, war, earthquake would make me think, "is this the end?" Since totally being out of the "cult mindset" I don't freak out every time there is a storm. I do still have nightmares every so often, but I have learned to deal with them. I believe there was a "Great Depression" wasn't there? This is just more of their use of "scare tactics" they just love to use.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Ever since the days of Russell the WTS have used every catastrophe happening in the world to prove the end is nigh.

Back in the 1960s I used to react like this

But half a century later I'm afraid it's more like

• wobble
    wobble

Wottaloadabollocks.

• alanv
    alanv

I quite often go onto the JW topix website. Absolutely after any catastrohe the JWs are jumpling up and down saying the end is near. They make up their own rules about Jesus sign. Anything negative and the big A is imminent

• wobble
    wobble

When I was in, I never felt the Big A was anything to get excited about, my view was that I served God forever, and the big A would just be ahiccup in that service.

I suppose it was being born-in in 1950, and hearing the cry of "Wolf Wolf!!!" for so long, plus I did not relish the idea of the big A as a concept, and believed that a just God would do a proper sifting job so that only the incorrigbly evil would be destroyed.

Today's cult members seem to have a very twisted theology, which ignores the bulk of what the Bible actually says, and basically come over as spiteful, nasty little people.

• Podobear
    Podobear

The end is approaching... of the financial infrastructure as we know it...

Russia is building phenomenol hydro-electric dams and supply China with enough energy to fuel its emerging Economy... India is surging in financial strength, as the West (including the U.S) is running out of oil

It is all about regime change... the Arab Spring.. the dodgy futures market...

The end of the CURRENT economic system is upon us... just another fierce game of Tennis..

We are perched on the side lines, biting our finger nails, will it be Fererer or Nadal... will it be Western Demoncracy or Chines Communism.

In the UK we are preparing our Regional costumes, so that rich tourists can come and take photos of us as Welsh ladies in their hats spin their yarn and Morris dancers, dance round their Maypoles. UK industry has had it..

Yup, the time is ripe for change...

• Heaven
    Heaven

Change is the one constant in life. As for bad financial times, I think the Great Depression was worse. It was a prime time for Armageddon to arrive and it did not.

Great Depression

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I am sure all the other crackpot second advent lots are doing the same thing...

why, i have a pamphlet from the christadelphians proclaiming the same twaddle as the JWs

As for tthe JWs, it's all they have. They cant deal with the here and now, they are so desperate that they have to keep repeating their little ''the Big A is near'' mantra just to get through their dreary negitivity filled lives.

Of course, none of them have any idea what finacial tough times are... that generation is DEAD.

oz

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

WTB$: See, the governments are going to TAX us on our wealth. Its a sign that the end is VERRRRRRY close.

Quick, use your riches wisely to buy please jehovah. You wont need them in the new system, anyway.

Give them ALL to us. we need them to do an even greater preaching work in these last seconds of this old world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit