Convention without a 'Badge'

by IMHO 40 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

But..................the brothers are not allowed to touch you, confine you, hit you (unless you hit them first) and they must call non-jw security or the police.

Just not for not wearing a badge though................

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

1) Grow a long beard

2) Show up at next years convention wearing a leasure suit with a convention badge from 1974.

3) Bring a green bible and pink song book.

4) Tell everyone that you have been in a coma since 1974, just woke up and was wondering if the end is still coming in 1975?

5) Ask if Fred Franz will be the guest speaker?

LOL @ Stealth! Oh please, someone do that and film it.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

In 2008, I went to District Assembly, one sister was literally looking for my badge on my coat and she did not see anything, she left me without saying a word.

• steve2
    steve2

Come on IMHO, admit it:

You insisted onwearing your brilliantly black and white tee-shirt with "JUST A HUMBLE APOSTATE" emblazened on the front and back.

• paladin
    paladin

Sorry for my bad spelling.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I suppose you can get disfellowshipped for bad spelling? Seems like you can for all kinds of little things.

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

LOL, I hated to wear them. I quit a long time ago. Of course I haven't been to a convention in a few years. I hated getting things stuck on them, them ruining my dress, them flipping open and making me look like a dork. Goodness. I never had odd looks. My in-laws would hand an extra to me and I would pretend to lose it. LOL. Saw no purpose in them except to hinder us with one more detail, one more way of making us the same.

• IMHO
    IMHO

On a side point, women mostly tend to wear them in the region of their breasts. Doesn't that give the men a good excuse to stare directly at them, the breasts that is.

• watersprout
    watersprout

The last convention I went to I didn't wear a badge... We were followed by those little snot's with their walkie talkies... I was stalked going to the toilet.. He waited outside the loo's for me then standing a few feet behind kept muttering on his walkie talkie... I whipped round and just stood and stared at him. He got the message and backed off... Carrot was being stalked aswel, did our heads in! He was talking to the PO of our old hall at the time and he was being stalked by THREE little snots... He grabbed my hand and we left laughing! We only went for the lunchtime on the sunday (show our faces for the inlaws) and we left during the first talk of the afternoon... Bonus of sitting in the car as the car park was next to the stadium and it was on the radio!

Peace

• steve2
    steve2

I suppose that they do have at least some concerns about the potential for terrorist activities. The last two smaller conventions I went to in New Zealand were cleared for an hour or so because of phone threats of bombs. Makes the infiltration of non-badge-wearing ex JWs seem quite lame by contrast....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit