Convention without a 'Badge'

by IMHO 40 Replies latest jw friends

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i haven't worn a badge for the last few district assemblies and i did get quite some strange looks. i also overheard one sister asking my host about why i wasn't wearing a badge..

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

There's supposed to be an influx of non-JWs, whose interest has been piqued by the flyer, swarming the DC arenas bursting to know about The Toes (the flyer itself doesn't say on which day this will be revealed, oddly). None of these visitors will have badges and they'll have to be made to feel welcome, won't they?

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Puzzling. I don't recall wearing badges for the last few years I attended DCs in Melbourne. Never noticed any strange looks.

• blondie
    blondie
    Wow! I didn't know they'd gone to badges! How does one get a badge?

aristeas, they have used badges (name cards on their chest) for years. Have you been out for years?

As to the attendant, some can be quite bossy. In my area of the US, they don't even show you to a seat any more, just take count of attendance in their section.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

As for these attendants: When your life is spent banging nails into a hot roof in July so you can feed three generations of Hispanic immigrant witnesses, you're grateful for the air-conditioned privelege soooo much that you take it very, very seriously.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I hardly ever wear a badge ( the pins ruin my clothes) and to think of it most of my friends do not wear one either. We never get the "look".

• Diest
    Diest

A few years ago when I went I could just get a name badge at the Literature desk. Then my mom would hand me one of the plastic holders and I was in.

• Diest
    Diest

A few years ago when I went I could just get a name badge at the Literature desk. Then my mom would hand me one of the plastic holders and I was in.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I was a rebel and never wore a badge. My husband and I were treated a bit suspiciously when we asked for one at the front desk because we forgot ours. We were told we would have to go ask our bookstudy conductor for a new one even though they had a bunch there.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They give you strange looks when you hold a lighter up, or try to get the wave going. Don't ask me how I know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit