So It Begins...

by TimothyT 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

All I can say is LOL!!!

So... i have been outed... im gay, and at least one elder now knows!

While I was at Bingo tonight with Jack I recieved a call from him. Yeah!!! Im going to answer a call from an elder when im with my boyfriend enjoying my weekend! Anyway... he left me a message and said we need to talk. Again... there is not very much chance of that! Im not going to answer calls, im not going to open doors, and if someone else does, im going to be clear to them, that im NOT discussing this with them! There is nothing to discuss!

So, for those of you with the hindsight, how does this work?

If a spiritual young man needs counselling and he wont even listen or discuss his "problem", what can the elders do about it?

If i give them no fuel, then they cant light a fire! Can they disfellowship me for choosing not to speak?

Many thanks,

Timmy :D

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Good 4 U.....

I never answered their calls......

They tracked me down once......

They heard words they NEVER heard before.......

Don't know if I was DF'd or not....

and never really cared......

I think they noitfy you by Mail..... or used to but I know lots of lawsuits hurt them......

I know you will find the answer here many smart people here!!

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

It depends did anyone see you with your boyfriend that would lead them to believe you are gay. If not I wouldn't say anything however they will try to find anything they can on you and hold a JC even if you don't attend...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Just hold your head up, Timothy, and remember they are nothing.

Live your life with a clear conscience. You are a free man!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

as i get more and more away from this cult, and more and more educated, situations like this are starting to amaze me. I mean, here we have a situation where some clowns who think they have authority are trying to track down TimothyT simply because he is gay. It is no ones buisness number one and number two its ridiculus to track someone down to invoke punishment on someone for something they have no control over. Im speaking as a hetrosexual married man with a child, Im so tired of this anti gay shit that im getting to the point of lumping it in with the KKK and neo nazi crowd. Maybe that is extreme, I dont know. But in 50 years I think (hopefully) we may look back as a society and be like "wow, they did that to gay people" just like they look back at the civil rights stuff like "wow they did that to black people". It should be illegal in america for elders to be able to even think about trying to track this young man down for his sexual orientation.

Anyway, sorry to go off. As far as advice, what you wrote is pretty much what I do, i dont acknowlege their authority, they have none, I dont answer the phone, I dont answer the door, and if I were to get a letter via certified mail I would refuse it.

You asked what can happen? If they want to bad enough they can DF you in "abstentia", but before that happens usually you will get a letter via certified mail.But if I were you I'd play it just like you typed, ignore, ignore, and ignore.

Good luck Timothy, just live your life, you are happier and can be yourself and love who you want.

• ParadiseCircus
    ParadiseCircus

If they have sufficient evidence against you I think they can hold a JC without you present and disfellowship you if they so choose. That is, after several unsuccessful attempts at coercing you to sit down for their interrogation. Without anything really damning I think their hands are tied and they just have to leave you to your fade. Although, if they have an inkling that you might be gay they might really try to pursue this...sometimes it just depends on the elder body. I would ignore them. The only power they have over you is what you give them as has been mentioned here many times before. Live your life. Be happy. You guys look good together.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They only have the power over you that you allow them to have.

If you want them to have none, ignore them.

If you want to submit to them, correspond with them.

If they want to DF you, let them do it in absentia. They'll be the fools, not you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think it is so cute that you were at bingo with your boyfriend. :-)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yup just dont answer calls or the door. Maybe they will DF you without you being present. Either way you will essentially be shunned. Responding to them just makes them keep up the witch hunt. Eventually they will leave you alone.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Stick to your guns.

When I left the tower in 83, I didnt answer the door. I didnt take phone calls. I didnt talk to the friends at home depot.

Now almost 30 years latter. My witness family still talks to me. Never got disfellowshipped.

Just dont play their game.

My wife stayed in for 10 year after I left.

Now we are both out and Witness family still talk to us.

Neither of us have had any action taken against us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit