Why are Pantsuits not appropriate according to The Watchtower?

by VM44 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

Why do the JWs consider pansuits worm by women not appropriate attire?

Pantsuits ARE considered appropriate attire in the conservative business world.

Secretary of State Hilary Clinton wears pantsuits quite often.

Would pantsuits be considered appropriate for a visit to Bethel?

If someone showed up at Bethel wearing them, would be be asked to leave?

Does it have something to do with usurping the authority of men?

• processor
    processor

Would pantsuits be considered appropriate for a visit to Bethel?

Obviously not, at least not for the normal Bethel tour or for the dining room. They are allowed in a Bethel room (someone's home), or for travelling around in Bethel's neighborhood though.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I'm surprised they don't dictate what kind of underwear should be warn while on tour.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I don't understand why would anyone wish to visit Bethel? I'd go to Disneyland instead.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I'm surprised they don't dictate what kind of underwear should be warn while on tour.

If they insisted on a strip search . . . I purposely wouldn't wear any. I sometimes don't if it's hot.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I don't understand why would anyone wish to visit Bethel? I'd go to Disneyland instead.

Yes, wearing PANTS lol

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks processor for posting the page from the "Visiting Bethel" brochure.

Under the heading "Our Dress and Grooming Should Always Be Dignified"

"slacks for sisters are not appropriate"?

Reason?....because we say so!

So when Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State wears a pantsuit, she is not being dignified?

• processor
    processor

Angela Merkel wears pantsuits too ... but according to JW's, pants are "men's clothes" ...

• Reality79
    Reality79

It's just more man made rules. Nothing more.

I remember briefly popping in bethel some years back because I had to drop something off to a 'brother' and I was there dressed in my hip hop style three quarter shorts and nike shirt.

Next thing I know, a week later there was some announcement at the tms that it was noted that some 'brothers and sisters' have been dressing inappropriately while visiting bethel.

Hmmmm........

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I don't understand why would anyone wish to visit Bethel?

When I was an uber-Dub Bethel was the Mecca of JW world. Funnily enough, in 98 my sister and I went on a WTS-approved tour to the States for the International convention. The convention was held at San Diego, and there was a choice of 2 tours - either a West coast tour or one of the East coast. The West coast tour was mainly national parks as well as Las Vagas and Los Angeles. The East coast tour comprised of basically a couple of days in NYC to visit Bethel and I think there was an option of Niagara Falls.

We chose the West coast tour and jokingly called it the Heathens Tour, as we didn't choose to visit Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit