Is this weird? JW FB comments

by serenitynow! 23 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Paradise-related greetings and meetup plans. On a couple of JW FB sites, people often say things like "I'll see you in Paradise," or "I'm going to travel and meet all of you guys in Paradise and hang out with your lions." And on the JW News, Library, etc. site the site admin posted a "photos of your KH" topic, and wanted everyone to vote with "like" for the ones they like best (which is funny because a lot of the JWs are taking offense to the "voting" and the competition), anyway, the "prize" for the winner is a "hug in Paradise."

Now I do not remember talking about specific plans to meet people who are still living, in Paradise. I like to try to get around and visit people in the present. Anyway, I don't know how they think they're going to do all that traveling anyway; how many JW pilots and airline mechanics (whatever they're called) do you know? Any JWs know how to drill for oil and manufacture car, plane, train parts? I think they may be going back to the dark ages of transportation. They're going to need eternity to travel 3000 miles by covered wagon to see the "friends" in Paradise.

Does anyone else find it weird and a little creepy that these Dubs on FB talk about only visiting each other in Paradise? What do they do for fun in the meantime? I think they are desperately trying to convince themselves that they will see Paradise in their lifetime.

What do you all think?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I noticed a lot of times JW's will talk about paradise, etc because it "keeps it real" for them. For instance, when I tell my mom I'll pick the best nursing home for her, she says " I won't need it in the paradise!!" or "The New System will be here before that ever happens!". Yet, she's heading down the back slope of her 50's and no sign of the paradise that she's been talking about since her very early 20's.

I think it's to keep them sane and keep their "goal" in front of them...cause goodness knows they need SOMETHING to keep them going!

• flipper
    flipper

Yeah, it's really weird. Talk about counting your chicks before they've hatched ! LOL ! JW's ought to be saying to each other " Well, see ya in Hell ! See ya in the common grave ! " Because they will all die like everybody else. No such thing as " paradise ". Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

LOL @ Flipper... We once had a talk by a very cheeky brother. It was a TMS part about hell. And he concluded it by telling us that, in a nutshell, there was nothing wrong with telling someone to go there because all it means is the grave. He got lots of these: . But I was cracking up LOL.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Like, do "worldly" people routinely tell their buddies, "hey, see you in heaven!" Weird.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

As 'in' as I ever was 'into' this organization, I would have openly and freely described people who say crap like this as complete nutjobs.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I think they are desperately trying to convince themselves that they will see Paradise in their lifetime.

This, this right here. Either they're trying to convince themselves, or trying to make themselves appear overly spiritual or theocratic. Its really sad when you think about it, having to convince yourself of something which common sense and experience tells you otherwise.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Funny! Even when I was IN I once in a while thought about what you said. There are just not too many JW's that have good educations for the hard work needed in paradise... but they only show building houses cuz the quick builds thought them how to do that...

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

That stuff seems so "creepy" now that I am out...

I remember at international conventions people would hang banners on the last day which said "see you in paradise", or a CO once said it at his last visit before being reassigned- I remember it being a sentimental statement since we knew we realistically were not going to see each other again, but the whole FB phenomenon puts that on a whole new level...eeewww

CHG

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, my folks are gone now, and a lot the kids I grew up with folks are gone also, I have a feeling they're all looking at each other in heaven saying "what the heck are we doing here!"

Something on the same level as saying see you in paradise is when my mom told me that the Book Study Conductor asked everyone there what kind of animal or pet they wanted in the new system . . . Oh brother . . . ! ! !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit