King of North-Muslims

by Dogpatch 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ciro King Of B******ers

He said when he was sitting in his office and saw all those people streaming accross the bridge, why, he felt like going out there and COMFORTING them. Ya, right. So, why didn't he?

What kind of 'comfort' did he have in mind? A donut, a coffee, a wt mag, a scripture about armageddon? Truly, his grafted on mouthpiece came from the back end of a male bovine.

SS

• Seeker
    Seeker

slipslidemaster,

Yes, that was very clever of you and just the way JWs would reason. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see that reasoning in a WTS book one day. The only correction I would make is that the U.S. didn't go after Afghani Muslims at all, but Taliban who are not from Afghanistan. Both are Muslims, however, so your overall point holds up.

As for the talk transcript, here are some random thoughts:

But there’s a development that has been going on, the rivalry between the radical king of the North and the democratic King of the South… Two great powers. How they’re going to run into this, I don’t know, and I’m not predicting, and none of us should.
    Let's not predict.

But let’s see what as going to happen:
    Oh, let's do it anyway!

Now who are the many, here, that he is going to devote to destruction and annihilate? It is not the King of the South, the Anglo-American world power because the Bible tells us in Daniel 7:26 and Daniel 8:25 that he will be totally destroyed without human hands, by the heavenly armies under Michael, or Jesus Christ. So that leaves him out. Who are the many? Let’s let God answer. Let’s turn to Revelation 17:16 and we’re going to get a clue. And when you read that you’re going to say ‘my, they are many.’

Rev 17: 16 [ten horns (including King of the North) and wild beast will hate harlot and devastate her…]

Yes, we’re talking about the populous realm of false religion, you see.

Populous? I thought the people were streaming out of false religion like waters receding from the great city? That in just a few years there won't be any priests left, and no one goes to church any more. Oops, I guess that one turned out wrong so now it's time to turn the message 180 degrees. Oh yeah, we never said what we used to say.

Now who is the identity of this Scarlet-colored wild beast—we have to look at them—who God destines to devastate BtheG? Well (and who helps us to see the King of the North’s role in this attackt) it’s the United Nations. The seven-headed, ten-horned monstrosity that she’s riding today, which she has been stroking and cooing sweet names ever since its establishment in 1945.
    Paging the UN! Did you know the NGO agreement with the WTS was signed by someone who calls you a "monstrosity"?

Their economy’s in threat. Look at what’s happening to the US, the stock market. That’s going to happen to the whole world. The whole economy is dependent. It’s not one stock market, and the rest can go on. No, the whole thing is like a domino.
    You Know, is that you?! Hehe, look folks, yet another JW clueless about the financial markets. By the time Ciro gave this talk in October, the markets had already recovered from their 9/11 dip. Oh well, who wants facts anyway?
  • Hmmm
    Hmmm

slip,

I was going to post the partial transcript in a new thread, but I was so blown away by your flawless WT reasoning, that I put it here to keep your post up top.

I have some smart-ass replies to the talk that I'll keep posting here. Imagine all the new veiws that'll get you! We'll get you a brainiac reputation if it kills us.

Hmmm

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    1 thess 5:3 “Whenever it is—the apostle Paul is writing here—whenever it is they are saying peace and security, then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them…”

I must confess that when I was giving talks, I developed this same habit of interrupting myself after reading the first few words of a scripture to interject some inane comment about who wrote it, or where or when it was written. It’s an affectation that seems to be adopted by many JW speakers.

Now up to this time, we’ve been hearing calls for peace and security; we’ve had it during the Desert Storm war, the Gulf War, we’ve heard it when the United Nations have said it, but notice, friends, that this time, in this situation that what happened there in New York has changed things. No longer is the world secure. It’s the truth, yeah.

The WT always quoted this scripture and said that the fulfillment would be cries of peace and security—that the nations would claim that they had achieved some notable measure of peace, and this deceptive atmosphere of security is what makes the “sudden” destruction so surprising.

Are they now changing the interpretation? Will sudden destruction be instantly upon them when they are crying for peace and security or crying out peace and security? Are the events of 9-11 significant because up to that point there was peace, but now things have changed and the world is no longer secure? Come on! People have been crying for peace and security since man learned to congregate into villages. Besides, I thought the WT has always taught that times now are worse than they’ve ever been? Weren’t these critical times, hard to deal with, before September 11?

These terrorists can do a lot of damage. And the whole world is now united for the first time. They’re looking for not only peace, but they want security. The Eiffel Tower, the House of Commons, all the major places are now under threat. And so now people want security. And so the cry is ‘peace and security.’ People are concerned.

All the major places are “now” under threat?

9-11 didn’t make the European countries suddenly sit up and take notice of the dangers of terrorism. I was in London and Paris a few years ago, and there were soldiers with automatic weapons in the airports and train stations. They had wands to ‘sniff' your backpacks and camera bags for explosive residue at the Tower of London.

Probably since the late 60s, and certainly since ’72 (Munich), Europe has been well aware of the dangers of terrorism.

And this is the first time that we have such a situation which has galvanized the entire world. You think of the Vietnam War, the Korean war, even the attack on Pearl Harbor, those were between nations. But now you have a whole world coalition—including the United Nations—whom the Secretary General said on television ‘Now, we must root out terrorism off the face of this earth.’

This is the first time the world has been galvanized? What about the UN coalition in Kosovo? Ever heard of WWI? “Even the attack on Pearl harbor”? Pearl Harbor is what finally brought the US into WWII, which had already “galvanized” the two factions in Europe for years. I guess this is why they discourage Witnesses from attending college.

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit